Hydraulic Clutch

TSWG00

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2002
Snohomish, WA
I was just wondering if anyone had seen or heard of a hydraulic clutch kit for a 95 Mustang. I have always liked the feel of hydraulic clutches. I'm not a big fan of cable clutches. I was looking at Tilton Engineering for a clutch kit but they don't have any for the 95 Mustang. If any one has any information or anything I'm all ears lol.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't see why. I've had so many roblems out of my Ranger's hydraulic systems. When my Splash gets the 5.0 & T-5, she will also get the mechanical setup. I'm tired of constantly getting under there & bleeding it when something has to be done.

LOL well I have had a lot of problems with my cable I have broken two so far. That's why I want to go with a hydraulic setup. That and I can shift a lot faster with a hydraulic clutch than I can with a cable

I was looking at the Tilton Hydraulic Clutch but I didn't find any that would work with my car or maybe I just didn't look hard enough LOL. At this point I should just save up and do a paddle shift setup LOL.

All my other cars/Trucks/SUV's have hydraulic and I have never had any problems with them. My toyota trucks I have never had a problem even my 79 toyota never had a problem.

What are the problems you guys are talking about?

The OEM clutch cables are pretty robust. But if it is misrouted, that can shorten its lifespan a LOT. You really want the widest loop possible.
I sure would not want a hydraulic clutch.

Good luck.

the cable is in the stock spot. What is so bad with a hydraulic clutch? I don't really see what the big deal is. Right now I'm putting together a Tilton hydraulic clutch system put together.

LOL no one has really said why they would not go with a hydraulic clutch they have just said its a bad idea. I have never had any problems with a hydraulic clutch its the same thing as hydraulic breaks. It might cost more but I feel in the long run it will be better. To me it seems that's why most car companies go cable rather than hydraulic clutches.

TSWG00 said:
the cable is in the stock spot. What is so bad with a hydraulic clutch? I don't really see what the big deal is. Right now I'm putting together a Tilton hydraulic clutch system put together.

LOL no one has really said why they would not go with a hydraulic clutch they have just said its a bad idea. I have never had any problems with a hydraulic clutch its the same thing as hydraulic breaks. It might cost more but I feel in the long run it will be better. To me it seems that's why most car companies go cable rather than hydraulic clutches.
actually 99.9% of todays cars are hydraulic, less pedal effort. that would be the only reason i would go through all that headache of putting in all the bs that your gonna have to do. i prefer mechanical links as they react quicker when you are hammering the gears.

I feel I shift faster with a Hydraulic clutch than I do with a cable, maybe I have my cable set up wrong. I just know I can't sift my Stang as fast as I can shift my other cars that have Hydraulic clutch's lol

ok well the steeda cable is the reason why its breaking. many companies make crappy cables. The only good cables that are good are the factory ford one which may have went out on you but im sure had a lot of miles before the stocker died. Also maximum motorsports makes a really good one.

My Stock one never died I just decided to upgrade, my clutch died on me LOL. I like the feel of the Hydraulic clutch.

People are saying the Hydraulic clutch's have problems. What are the problems? having to bleed them? I'm just cerious what the problems are with a Hydraulic clutch on a 95 Mustang GT.