I HATE FUEL INJECTION!!!! I WANT A CARB!!!

I have an 85 with the original Holley and love it. Its never had any issues with humidity or the weather. I just rebuilt it and installed a metoring kit and larger jets and it works great. Buy a book on modifying Holley carbs, there's so much more you can do with a carb then EFI to improve performance. If your afraid of adjustment issues with the Holley put on an Edelbrock. They aren't as adjustable as the Holley, but right out of the box they perform and you won't have to touch it again. I had one on an old Bronco. Installed it and drove it for 5 years without touching it. (All year round in Chicago weather) Sold the truck with the carb working like new.

• Sponsors (?)

So if these things called a carb are so great, why again is no one makeing them for cars today? EFI was the government's way of forcing automakers to clean up engines. The results?......ability to auto-tune itself, easier starting and initial running (aka open loop mode), much much better gas mileage, superior cleanliness unrivaled with carb, smoother idle, and much longer engine life. Carbs are for people that give up on technology and don't know what they are dealing with, so they go the easy way out. All it takes for a real understanding of EFI is knowing all the major sensors and operation of the are, what makes en EFI run the way it does and how a computer will interpret these signals from the sensors, and a good ohm/voltmeter. I used to own a couple carb'd cars and they were agravating as anything in the mornings and are worse in rain and terrible in winter.

Also, if your typical carb is so great, tell me why the outside cylinders ALWAYS run lean or the inner cylinders run too rich in response to trying to fix the problem of the cylinders on the outside? Bet you didn't know about that one, if you don't believe me, take a look at the manifold and tell me where the carb stack sits in relation to the length of it? A carb is a crude device when you really study it and is seriously inferrior to fuel injection if you understand both of them fairly well. They both get the job done yes, but carbs are a very old technology that was ditched for many reasons.

This is beginning to look like the average stick vs. auto arguments; and similarly, they both come down to preference in the long run. While I don't tend to ascribe to the "everybody's doing it, so it must be better" regimen of thinking, in this instance I have to go with it. Pretty much every OEM car comes FI now, so it must be superior ('cause it sure isn't cheaper), and in many ways it is. Like everybody in favor has said, EFI is cleaner, faster, and less temperamental. Not without exception, but nothing but death is. They do both have their advantages though, and some folks still prefer the advantages offered by carbs. Some guys prefer fat chicks too... to each is own. Right, wrong, or otherwise, I do like to doctrinalise the practices of people who are doing things a certain way with good success (especially if it's the way I do things)- and most of the fastest cars right now (not all) are injected. One case blowing my mind is Mike Morans '99 Monte Carlo, worlds fastest doorslammer with mid 6's at just a tick away from 240mph. Fuel injected. And as for the off topic stick vs. auto cults- it's got a Liberty 5spd. Not exactly a daily driver, but no funnycar either. As for me, I'm ripping out my EFI this afternoon. And putting in a complete Aeromotive version :D