Mach 1 I just bought a 03 red mach one

93 teal terror

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2001
Durham N.C.
:SNSign: :SNSign:
stopped by to "look" at it on my way home from work....3 hours later I ended up buying it. Its got 24k miles on it and is a certified preowned from ford with a extended 6 year 75k mile powertrain warranty on it. :D I traded in my 02 gt with 4,728 miles on it plus 7k for it. Let me tell you holy crap its fast. I think it has at least 4:10s in it. It runs 3k at 75mph....surely those arent the stock 3:55s?

• Sponsors (?)

HHmmmm. Boy I'm racking my brains thinking what the RPM would be but yesterday I was running 70mph in 3rd at alittle over 4,000 RPM, so yeah, I think those would be the stock 3.55's in 4th at 75. Or were you in 5th? Anyhow, nice purchase. Any mods to the engine? What's the mileage? Your gonna luv that car. :nice:

Just raise the thing up and check. Because I too believe that those are not 3.55s. I do just a bit above 2k when doing 70 in 5th, if I remember correctly.

But not to forget...Congrats man, welcome to the Mach world and post some pics! :nice:

Yeah, I was'nt sure if you were in 4th or 5th, but yeah you got some stump pulling gears in there for sure. 4.30's is the highest I've seen anyone put in. That's one mod already in the bag. Time for you to add your own touches.

93 teal terror said:
4:56?? :jaw: Thats gonna make one fun part time dd :D I wondered why it "felt" faster than the 03 04 cobras i test drove cause I know its not
Actually if you are running stock height tires at 75mph @ 3000rpm in 5th with a .62 overdrive ratio and you calculate it out, you are up in the 4.90 range in gear ratio. I had 4.56's in mine and it was doing around 80 at 3k. I used the predator to set the speedometer and then went out on the Interstate and ran for 20 solid miles at 70mph and timed it with a stop watch. I then ran the numbers on it and it calculated out to be exactly 70. Maybe you new Mach has a speed cal in it that is set wrong or the gears are made for stump pulling. :rlaugh:

Heres some pics
P1030058.jpg

P1030057.jpg

P1030056.jpg

P1030055.jpg

P1030054.jpg

Attachments

• P1030058.jpg
    P1030058.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 71
  • P1030054.jpg
    P1030054.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 73
  • P1030055.jpg
    P1030055.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 82
  • P1030056.jpg
    P1030056.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 80
  • P1030057.jpg
    P1030057.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 79
scottmach said:
Somethings not right. I have 4.30s and turn 2800 rpm at 80 mph. A speed cal would be hooked up into the side of the transmission on the drivers side. The speedcal box would be hidden near your shifter under the boot.
hmm ill have to check that out. Im gonnd lift it up and see what gears it has. Which one is the one revolution? the driveshaft and the wheels turn the number of times the ratio is? or is it vise versa i cant remember

Ok so ive either got 4:10s or 4:30s im pretty sure they are 4:10s but it was a little close to call. It seems the speedo is about 5-10mph too low. Seems to me if the speedo wasnt calibrated right it would be higher not lower. Any ideas?

93 teal terror said:
Ok so ive either got 4:10s or 4:30s im pretty sure they are 4:10s but it was a little close to call. It seems the speedo is about 5-10mph too low. Seems to me if the speedo wasnt calibrated right it would be higher not lower. Any ideas?
If your Mach has a SpeedCal then the switch setting may be wrong. If it does have one and it is a Dallas Mustang version, here is the link for the switch settings.

http://www.dallasmustang.com/page/speedcal.inst.php

If it doesn't have one already installed then that is an option for you to get to correct your speedo. My option was to go with the Diablosport Predator flash tuner. I chose it because of other settings I could do also, like when the fan turns on and off, turn off the traction control, adjust the rev limiter, turn off the speed limiter, etc. I bought the first batch of Predator's that were available for the Mach1 and since then SCT has came out with a flash tuner that is equal and maybe superior to the one I purchased.

hotrodnut said:
If your Mach has a SpeedCal then the switch setting may be wrong. If it does have one and it is a Dallas Mustang version, here is the link for the switch settings.

http://www.dallasmustang.com/page/speedcal.inst.php

If it doesn't have one already installed then that is an option for you to get to correct your speedo. My option was to go with the Diablosport Predator flash tuner. I chose it because of other settings I could do also, like when the fan turns on and off, turn off the traction control, adjust the rev limiter, turn off the speed limiter, etc. I bought the first batch of Predator's that were available for the Mach1 and since then SCT has came out with a flash tuner that is equal and maybe superior to the one I purchased.

Cool thanks, I havnt had a chance to look and see if theres on it or not.

Thanks guys I think shes purty too. My poor 93 just sits the the parking lot all day waiting for me to buy a house and get a garage. Then I plan to mod the hell out of it

Ok so I do have a speed cal, its a brothers performance one though. I called them and they are supposed to send me the instructions via pdf in an email but the guy on the phone didnt give me too much confidence. Are the instructions in the link you gave me the same or is it a different pin configuration?