I need some quick help...car not starting.

Thanks for all the help guys. Its a 95 5-speed. I dont think its the computer. I think its the shortblock. Im not sure if i posted this earlier but i did a compression test. Unless the compression tester is broken(it was brand new) i got NO compression on like 5/8 cylinders. I stopped testing after that.

• Sponsors (?)

That would be a rather odd thing to have compression down on that many cylinders. I'm starting to think broken timing chain. But, you said you definitely see the distributor rotor turning right? If the cam is not turning then I don't think (not sure) that the dizzy would be turning either. I'd get someone to turn it over and put my finger on the plug holes (on the cyls that tested 0 compression), just to make sure that the pressure gauge isn't bad (that might be the case). You will def know if theres compression in those cyls with you finger! Just kind of thinking out loud right now, hope some of this helps.
Phil

That might be the best way to solve this "problem". It's just nice to know what is causing a no start situation before tearing into it and not really finding anything wrong. Then you will be dreading it the first time you go to "start it up". Good Luck and let us know how this works out. I'll be racking my brain to see if I can think of something else to try or test.
Phil

Just an update guys, i put the eec in another 95 and it started right up. Right now the car has no maf, or injectors...nor is the upper bolted on anymore.

Can i unplug the fuel pump in the back and still turn the motor over just to double check the compression numbers before i tear it down? I think i should be ok to do that but just making sure.

Nate, you are right - you dont need the FP to do a compression test (it is better to have the FP circuit disabled IMHO).

Good luck.