I think I have a short.. How does it get fixed?

• Sponsors (?)

So since one of the uses for that fuse includes "turn signals", I began taking all of the bulbs out of the tail lights.. They all looked fine. After, I took the headlight and sidemarker bulbs out.. This is what I found:

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

There was grease all over the outside of both, and what looked like grease as well on the inside. I took the bulbs out and put in another fuse, thinking maybe it will work now with them out, but nope.. It just sparked in my face again, lol.. So looks like I have to replace these, and hopefully my problems will be solved.

Where can I buy new ones, anyway?

Try cleaning out the grease with break or carb clean. Let it all dry and put the bulbs back in. Normally they use dielectric grease in sockets. I dont know if that is what your grease is. I would clean it out and see if the grease is causing the short.

Where ever it is at its a direct short. If it blows the fuse instantly like that.

What was on when you put the fuse in? ie: lights turn signals etc.

What things have you done to the car right before this happened.

Where ever it is at its a direct short. If it blows the fuse instantly like that.

What was on when you put the fuse in? ie: lights turn signals etc.

What things have you done to the car right before this happened.

Nothing was on, I had the key turned right before you start the car..

About a week before I installed my amps, about a day or two before I took the alarm off.

They had to tap into the lighting system somehwere inorder to make them flash.

Most alarms use a positive output to trigger the lights. I am wondering if the trigger wire is hanging in the dash somewhere laying against metal causing a direct short. Since the issue didnt start untill you removed the alarm it must be related and it makes since.

They had to tap into the lighting system somehwere inorder to make them flash.

Most alarms use a positive output to trigger the lights. I am wondering if the trigger wire is hanging in the dash somewhere laying against metal causing a direct short. Since the issue didnt start untill you removed the alarm it must be related and it makes since.

Hmm, would make sense..

Tomorrow i'll go through everything and double check it all, see what I can find. Thanks for the advice, i'll post again tomorrow afternoon/night.

So I went through all the wiring, everything seems to be fine.. I cleaned out the bulb sockets.. Put in a 10 amp fuse (supposed to be 15 amp but it was all i had) and even with 5 amps less, it all worked fine.. Tried the turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights, etc.. Except one thing, my headlight low beam burned out again.. High beam still works like before.. Fogs arnt turning on either, which is a first..

So I was looking through everything again, and I did find something.. Right under the window washer fluid tank there is a bolt that goes into the engine bay (like a ground). Out of it comes two wires, one wire goes to a clip, the other one was spliced at the end, and was just hanging.. Can anyone tell me where this is supposed to go, and if it could have been what was causing the problem?