I thought our stangs had T-lock

You said you TURN onto the road. Were you making a right turn when you did the burnout? With a limited slip on a right turn there is a very good chance just the passenger wheel will spin since its not a true posi rear end. The weight is off the passenger tire making it easier to spin. Mine will do that on right turns but in a straight line they both spin.

• Sponsors (?)

2001 Geee T said:
You said you TURN onto the road. Were you making a right turn when you did the burnout? With a limited slip on a right turn there is a very good chance just the passenger wheel will spin since its not a true posi rear end. The weight is off the passenger tire making it easier to spin. Mine will do that on right turns but in a straight line they both spin.

No,negative. Read my post again. I was STOPPED, then burned out and rode foward (while smokin the tires) for about 15ft. Then came to a stop again AT the stop sign. Then i turned right and drove down the street casually.

KronicRacer said:
dude remember if this is your opportunity to upgrade a factory part, do it. dont let the oooo i dont have the hp line hold you back. tlock's can break on even stock stangs without any mods. (food for thought)
go for the 31axel splines those are sweet to have.

the only thing that should ever hold you back is your wallet not the lack of hp

Yeah well like I said I have no money :(

UDTBadkarma said:
Yeah well like I said I have no money :(

New trac-lok clutch disc rebuild kits are fairly cheap and I'm sure if you ask around someone is bound to know how to put them in. It's really not a hard job and it won't hurt that wallet too bad. If you look in the archives you can learn how to stack the clutches to provide better locking action. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get desired results. The first thing I would do though, is change your gear oil. Use a good synthetic (Redline) and try it without any posi additive. I was able to bring a 85k mile trak-lok back to life with this method. If you get a popping noise from the rear during real sharp turns you'll have to add some additive. Add 1 ounce at a time until the noise goes away. The less additive the better! I've built some pretty fast cars in my time on a shoestring budget, you don't need to throw a lot of money at it to make it right.