I went to the track today!

zZsKyZz

Dec 1, 2005
I went down to Island Dragway in NJ today and had a great time.. It was so much fun..Except I expected to atleast break the 15's... Is this normal for my car with the mods in my sig? my best run was:

R/T = .666
60' = 2.396
330 = 6.656
1/8 = 10.112
MPH = 71.31
1000 = 13.082
1/4 = 15.599
MPH = 88.76

The traction sucked, I set my tires at 20psi and did a burnout [without the waterbox] for this run.
Again, is this normal?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

zZsKyZz said:
I went down to Island Dragway in NJ today and had a great time.. It was so much fun..Except I expected to atleast break the 15's... Is this normal for my car with the mods in my sig? my best run was:

R/T = .666
60' = 2.396
330 = 6.656
1/8 = 10.112
MPH = 71.31
1000 = 13.082
1/4 = 15.599
MPH = 88.76

The traction sucked, I set my tires at 20psi and did a burnout [without the waterbox] for this run.
Again, is this normal?:shrug:
If you get that 60 lower it will help big time........I would think with the gears and stall you would have broken into the 14's.......:shrug:

I'm having fun.. but I'd like to see the work that i put into my car go somewhere.. i was expecting better i guess. can't wait to finish building my engine then see what i get :)

60' 1/8 mph 1/4 mph
2.27 9.746 73.83 15.09 93.77

3k converter, mac-h, flowmasters 11* timing, k&n I ran this. that is with stock 3.27s.

I know my car, since it is a coupe is a little lighter, but your gears i think should help big time

zZsKyZz said:
AM I running out of gear?
Well what RPM did you go through the traps at? IM thinking you should be about 4-5 tenths quicker than that, all it takes is practice. I ran my best time at Island...HAHA im not sure why, but somehow. Maybe we can meet up at a test and tune one day at either island or etown and get some practice runs in.

One thing I forgot to mention last night.....I'm not 100% on this but I thought I was told that when you switch the gears in our AODE's that you have to tune the EEC for shift points.........look into that with a more informed person.....

drakesdad said:
One thing I forgot to mention last night.....I'm not 100% on this but I thought I was told that when you switch the gears in our AODE's that you have to tune the EEC for shift points.........look into that with a more informed person.....

This I have not done.. I've had my gears for over a year.. Is this hurting my trans? And how do I do this? Tweecer I presume my dear watson...

zZsKyZz said:
This I have not done.. I've had my gears for over a year.. Is this hurting my trans? And how do I do this? Tweecer I presume my dear watson...
I don't know if is hurting the trans ......but I know your leaving something off of the table......I have 3:73's and noticed a change in the shifts after the SCT tune by Don 95vert........I don't know about the tweecer.......... but Shawn has a aode and a tweecer....he may be able to guide you through it......

should definately have more in it...mine went 14.7@95 w/ just exhaust and of course aode too....I would think mod-low 14's for a vert. Does the car feel like it's running smooth as it should or does it hesitate any? I dunno man....

Also, is there any "tuning" I can do myself before I head to the track friday? I really wanna get into the 14's.. I'm gunna try replacing my sparkplugs because I haven't done that In a lil' over a year either.