I6-289 Transmission?

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by Braden65, Jan 14, 2014.

1. We have the parts car we will transfer over. While you guys are being so helpful any idea what kind of carburetor we should get? We have a Weiand stealth intake on it at the monent. The carb we have is going to need a spacer to fit on that intake without hitting but we are running out of height room under the hood
  2. i like the edelbrock 600cfm performer carb. it bolts on without a spacer if you wish.
  3. I found it. I like it. What kind of difference would a spacer make if we decided to use it? I heard a stock exhaust (which is our current setup) can't be good for all of our upgrades?
  4. a spacer can add a little power in some cases, and in others it can shift the power band up or down a bit on the rpm scale. the only way to know for sure is testing, a lot of testing.

the stock exhaust is a choke point, but will do for now. you can upgrade to dual exhaust and headers later on.
  5. alright thank you.everything I need to know
  6. I did basically everything you suggested. Bought an edelbrock 600 carb and got the hookup on a inline 6 to v8 bell housing for $30. It a worked out amazing. Car runs great. Still some new issues but thanks for everything!