I'm back guys......... whats going on?

Dan95-5.0

Jun 14, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
whats happening everyone?

its been a long time since i left. almost a full year. i took a break from the car and took up another hobby. i was tired of working on the car and decided to just enjoy it and spend less time working on it. that was last summer. this summer i decided to finish some projects that i put on hold.

i picked up a set of Lakewood Traction Action control arms off ebay. somebody was selling them as southside liftbars but i could tell from the pics what they really were. got them for $75 shipped. havent put them on yet but i painted them up and gave the relocation brackets and nice coat of clear and they look brand new. i also installed something that i planned on doing a long time ago. i put this on hold because it was a big project and i wanted to make sure i got all the right parts to do it. i finally installed my CARPC. i got a few bugs to work out but its pretty cool playing with it. its got a 80gig harddrive, touchscreen, dvd-rw drive and it even plays through my Mach460 speakers. i played a few DVD movies and it looks great and i also transfered my mp3 over too. still have to pick up a WIFI adapter so i can surf the web and install my Tweecer R/T software.

i'll try to get some pics before i go on my long trip tommorow.

Happy to be back guys

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Dan,

Like you i also have been gone since last summer. Im not back in the mustang game yet, but i figured i'd drop in and see what was new with the old family.

One thing that still holds true is that there is no other message forum like this one, i've been on the durango sites, the caddy sites, the bmw sites, and nothing compares. :SNSign:

Wanna share some more details/pics of that Car PC?

ya, nothing beats good old stangnet. for some reason my corral account is really messed up. for the past almost 2 years, i would make a post and no one would reply. i can see my post when im logged into my account, but when logged out its not even there. i tried contacting the admins over there but no reply so i just gave up.

heres a quick pic of the screen installed. its a bad pick with my old camera because my good camera is packed away for my trip.
DSC00006.jpg

theres a on/off/auto switch on the bottom left, led indicators in the middle, and 2 usb ports (thumb drive and the other for a mini flex keyboard). i still have to do some finishing touches on the bezel but for now im happy.

specs on the PC:
EPIA M10000 motherboard
512MB RAM
80Gig laptop Hardrive
Onboard Audio/video
Slim slot load DVD
M2-ATX powersupply

the power supply takes the 12volts from the battery to power the pc and has a auto on/off feature. when i start the car it turns the pc on and same for turning it off.

i made a custom case for everything out of PSP carry case. i saw someone who made one and copied it.
heres what his looks like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh_BC1Aor8M

after i get back from my trip i'll try to post some live action shots and a video

Dan, good to see ya back and Im lovin the carpc. That is one of the things I have been working on putting together. I have been doing a ton of research on it and am just waiting for winter to set in and get it going. I like the custom case it actually gave me a really good idea. Stick around I might have to pick your brain on a few things when I start the install.

that is saweet! always good to hear people getting back into their stangs.

Like Rich, i've been wanting to do this for a while now, but i'm sure he'll get to it before i do mine.

well im back from my vacation. i went to the islands of portugal for 2 weeks with my family and had no access to a computer.

I'll be around for a while so any time you guys need a hand let me know.

i'm working a late shift this week so i'll get some good pics and vids with my better camera

Paul I don't know much about the carpc's but I don't really see why you couldn't tune with it. If he can tune with a tweecer you should be fine tuning with the AEM.

Pretty cool setup's I'm sure you could build a nice one pretty cheap. What does a screen like that cost?

That's pretty slick, Dan. One of the best LCD installs I've seen in a 'stang.

I'm about to start my own CarPC install, so I'm curious, what did you use to make your dash? Fiberglass? Plastic filler of some sort? What did you use to handle the on/off? Did you start with your dash, or snag one from a 96+ (with the double din)?

How are the temps behind the LCD? I'm considering adding a small (CPU sized) fan with some venting for my install, since it get so hot back there with just the radio/HVAC when the heat is running.

-Michael

That's pretty slick, Dan. One of the best LCD installs I've seen in a 'stang.

I'm about to start my own CarPC install, so I'm curious, what did you use to make your dash? Fiberglass? Plastic filler of some sort? What did you use to handle the on/off? Did you start with your dash, or snag one from a 96+ (with the double din)?

How are the temps behind the LCD? I'm considering adding a small (CPU sized) fan with some venting for my install, since it get so hot back there with just the radio/HVAC when the heat is running.

-Michael

The double din radios didnt come until 1999 or 2000. Thats the easiest place to start. Check out mp3car.com for lots of help and ideas. Guys are using a M2 ATX DC to DC Power Supply Unit that senses when you turn the ignition on and off and can handle the shut down/hibernate sequences.

Check out these links:
94-98 Conversion to 99-04 Mustang 8" screen in dash - MP3Car.com
Mustang Dash fab. Help please? - MP3Car.com
2000 Stang mounted LCD w/DVD-RW in-dash - MP3Car.com

Project CompuMach: 2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Total In-Dash install complete! - MP3Car.com