I'm stuck guys,,,2010 427R or 2011 GT

Unfortunately you have to consider a common problem with Roush owners and in Houston it's a huge consideration...

A 2010 427R gets wrecked and your insurance pays you for a year old depreciated Mustang.
A 2011 5.0 gets wrecked and your insurance pays you for a new 5.0.

I sold my 07 recently and I was lucky to get 14K bucks for it with only 50K on the clock. Talked with another drive who just bought one with 27K miles for 16K even driveout.

If you like the Roush and want to keep it a long time then disregard the resale but you gotta take in consideration the risks and that's mainly with the insurances which don't recognize Roush as being a manufacturer. In their system it's just another GT.

• Sponsors (?)

Get the 5L and don't look back.

Unfortunately, when people see the new style Mustang the first thing they look at is the side sticker....This is what I'm hearing everywhere I go "Is that a 5L, no...ahh too bad, ya should have waited a year for the new 5L."

Roush or not, get the 5L. You can bolt on any Roush suspension package (if it needs it) on a 5L and still be ahead of the game.

I'm going to be buying a mustang, and was looking around this weekend. I ran across a 2010 427R with 2000k for $40k at a Ford dealership. A new GT prem will run almost that much (convertible). I can't make a decision here. The new 5.0 is only 20 hp off of the 427R,,,torque I don't know?? This car will probably not be raced, and if it is it will be on a road coarse and just for fun. Will the Roush come on faster then the 5.0 since it is supercharged? How about handling? I haven't driven either one, but I've been told that the new 6 sd has a pretty close ratio and there is alot more shifting involed when driven on the street. What to do??

SO what have you decided upon? Let us know..

Get the 5L and don't look back.

Unfortunately, when people see the new style Mustang the first thing they look at is the side sticker....This is what I'm hearing everywhere I go "Is that a 5L, no...ahh too bad, ya should have waited a year for the new 5L."

Roush or not, get the 5L. You can bolt on any Roush suspension package (if it needs it) on a 5L and still be ahead of the game.

It's amazing how many people stare at the 5.0 liter symbol on the road..lol.. If it hadn't gone away for so long, it wouldn't be as special though so in a way I'm glad it did.. One of my friends bought a 2010 last year brand new and he has seen the trade in value for his 2010 drop significantly once the 5.0 was announced. Oh how he wishes he waited a year now. He will not take the depreciation loss now but I know how he feels not having the latest and greatest (and all the upgrades) for the same price or less than what he paid the year before..

For less money you can get a used GT500. my .02 Used GT500 or the used ROUSH. Collectability and not so common. Then if you decide to sell later on those cars will hold there value. P.s. GT500 plus upgrades equals 600 rwhp for the same price as the new gt 5.0

Yeah, I would go for the Roush if they had room to move on the price and make you a better deal. the picture there is a 2005-2009 Roush, he's talking about a 2010. The gain there is the Sync system, the upgraded interior materials, and the outside design is the updated S197. As far as the drive train, I think a Roushcharged 4.6L with all the suspension, traction, and braking upgrades a 427R come with, it will be a better bargain than a factory equipped GT that you will then want to mod. On top of that, add the more unique look of being a Roush, the exclusivity of the car, and the better long-term value if you should decide to ever part with it, and I think it's the way to go. The 4.6L 3V is a proven motor and a boost whore, so you know you're getting a solid drive line. Add a different pulley, tune, etc, and you can probably make better numbers. No offense to the new '11 owners in here, but we have yet to see if there are any bugs in the new works...

and this would be the 2010 427R:
2010_roush-427r-mustang.jpg