Is it possible to build a NEW classic?

Route666

Aug 16, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
With the dynacorn 67 bodies coming out, and as they say on their website 69 bodies in a few years, and my own life leading me to wanting to build my own classic / street machine as a project not a driver / work on it, I have come up with a question.

Would it be possible to get all "new" components for a 69 Fastback to build a technically new car?

I know a majority of parts can be had new, like wheels, brakes, suspension, steering components, seats, bumpers, chrome, lights, radiators, motors, gearboxes, diffs, roof liners, air conditioners, etc... but I haven't thought about all the little / boring things before, as they would have already been with the car I was rebuilding.

What parts would be hard to get or would have to be second-hand?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeh why is that? I would have thought that the 69 (and 70 for sure), being (IMO) the most cliche sort of badass muscle car that it would have been the most popular and had the most following. But maybe that's just my opinion.

It's not all that bad though. Trying to get even secondhand parts from a wrecker here for my 74 Celica is nearly impossible.

As the years go up, the parts get scarcer and scarcer. If you want to build a 65-66, you probably can, but you would be surprised when it comes to 67-68 just how many parts are not available.

You have to remember, there were what 1mm + 65 & 66's with a lot of carry over for each year. The 67 & 68 have numerous parts that are unique for each year. 69/70 the numbers become even fewer built, again with parts that were unique for each year.

At least we are in better shape then the other Ford/Merc people. Try and find Fairlane, Galaxy, Torino and even Cougar parts compared to Mustangs.