Is the MGW shifter worth it?

I absolutely loved the MGW shifter on my 04 GT, so of course I looked into getting one for my 05, until I saw the price!!! I bought one for my 04 for like $180, but they want $300 for the S197 one! I understand its a completely new and different design, but is it worth it? I've noticed that the stock shift lengths are shorter on my 05 than they were on my 04. Are there any other good short throws out there for the 05+ that are a bit cheaper?

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty much everyone who has bought the MGW loves it. I got great deals on the Hursts in our cars, and they're much better than stock. I'm sure the MGW is better, but for now, the Hurst is more than enough of an improvement.

I know MGWs are nice, like I said, I loved it in my 04, i wouldn't drive one without it. However, I felt like my 05 already had a shorter throw stock, and I know its a completely new shifter design, so I didn't know if upgrading to the MGW in an 05 is the same as upgrading to an MGW in an 04. How is the install? It looks like its a bit more difficult to install than the new edges.

MGW

I thought the shifter in my '06 was good when I first got it. After reading post after post after post and they ALL talked about how great the new MGW was so, and knowing the attention to detail MGW takes on all they're stuff, I pulled the trigger. The install is a little more involved than the oder Stangs, but it is not bad. The results are better than you can imagine. It really is worth the few extra dollars. MGW's customer service is in a class of it's own.
I've seen a lot of posts with people going from Steeda, Pro 50 and Hurst trading up to MGW. I haven't seen even one going the other way.