It all started so simply.

4tun8

May 1, 2006
Classified
Just a little rant.

I work for one of the bigger mustang parts wharehouses, and here is my story :)

My car needs a quadrant (I think....). I trouble shoot cars on the phone all day long, so I would definitely tell myself to start with a quadrant first. Being that I work at a mustang company I get half labor and huge deals on parts, so obviously I order the parts, and set an appointment at the shop (I'm lazy).

Get the car up on the lift: Front tires are showing chords. I was flabbergasted. From the corners the tires looked fine, I had NO idea that the tires were even bad. Ok not a problem, we have some 275/35/17s in stock, no big deal.

Go to instal the clutch cable and quadrant kit. Ok your throw out bearing retainer has divided into 2 pieces.....sigh. I look up this part in our system, out of stock. I call our supplier......out of stock..... I call another supplier....out of stock, but I can have it in 2 days. That works. I tell the man that I'm not ordering for the company I'm ordering for myself, he gives me the company price and charges my card........I almost get in trouble. I do get the part in on Tuesday though, so I'm happy.

Get the trans out of the car, clutch is shot. Need new plates for my fidanza fw, and I need a new clutch. Car had a ridiculous 4 puck clutch in it, but the car only makes 300 to the ground. Shop manager gives me a used (like 1000 miles) King Cobra.....works for me

To think I thought I only needed a 100 dollar part and 90 minutes of labor :)

/rant off

• Sponsors (?)