jack

what kinda jack can fit under a really low car? i used to put the jack under the long square bars that run down the side of the car in front of the rear tire. but since i got it lowered i cant get it under there in order to jack it up. is there a lower place on the car i can put the jack or a lower jack i can buy?

• Sponsors (?)

make some wooden ramps out of wood

That's CT material there

as to a premade jack, the Roush is a good suggestion. Craftsman used to make a decent low profile jack, there are also a few "starter" jacks out there, low profile bottle jacks that get it up high enough to get a real jack under, check sears or Pepboys or what ever.

I picked one up from Harbor freight. Was going to get a Craftsman but then read reviews on them on their own site and how the fluid leaked in one persons experience.

This is the one I picked up:
91039.gif

3000 lbs limit
Fully lowered it's 3" and goes up to 14"+

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91039

I had been using the spare tire scissor jack that came with the car (peice of junk) and it took me 45 mintues to an 1 hr to change oil. Now it takes 20-30 mintues depending on how lazy I am!!!

Hope it helps

I picked one up from Harbor freight. Was going to get a Craftsman but then read reviews on them on their own site and how the fluid leaked in one persons experience.

This is the one I picked up:
91039.gif

3000 lbs limit
Fully lowered it's 3" and goes up to 14"+

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91039

Our Ferrari tech @ work bought this same jack b/c the regular jacks couldn't get under a lot of the cars he gets in. Pretty decent jack for the $$$.

I have that Roush jack, and while it does work well, it is still hard to get the car started. It works well from the sides but from the front you have to make contact with the bumper on really low cars (2.5 drop). Oh, and it weighs roughly 1 million pounds, give or take a pound. I got it for $35 at Sam's though, display model.