JMC Motorsports...gone?

BarnStang

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
Hagerstown, MD
Been trying to get JMC on the phone for two weeks. Emailed yesterday with no response. I get "network error" with the 800 number and a fast busy signal with the toll number. I don't know if they may be in an area affcted by wildfires in CA?

I need to order a JMC hydralic clutch kit with the hyd throwout bearing for a T5. Haven't searced yet, anyone have a good link to a JMC vendor? I don't think they use distributers, but someone may stock the kit?

• Sponsors (?)

Someone on another forum had similar problems. A fellow forum member in San Diego drove by the place and said it looked like an abandoned building so I guess that confirms what you may have been realizing. I got my JMC kit through Mustangs Unlimited a few years ago. Maybe they have a few more left.

yes indeed, i was extremely lucky that i was not ready to order their kit. two weeks after i spoke with them initially about the kit for a t5 they told me they could not sell me the kit and that they will no longer be selling to the public. at least they were nice enough to tell me that you can get the bearing from Mcleod and i was able ti get a Wilwood master cylinder. some modification was required to get it to fit and i am almost finished with the project. i have posted detailed pics on a thread on LMMC-CT. i will try to put together a build up thread on here when i have some time.

personally i would get the brackets from dazecars. they are quite nicely done, and he includes a source, along with part numbers, for the master and slave cylinders. you can do that swap for about $200, and use a stock throwout bearing.

i think you maybe able to get the master cyl that would normally come with the JMC kit from CNC. i found out about that after i got the Wilwood cyl. after installing the wilwood i actually like the way it fits better than the JMC kit. i did have to cut a section of the firewall out and weld a new piece in.

I went the Daze cars route for the last install, we want to go with the hyd bearing on this car. So was looking to get the whole JMC kit. I will check with CNC and se if I can get the MC that came in the JMC kit, and the Mcleod bearing. THe rest is pretty straight foward.