just a question about tfs heads

• Sponsors (?)

Twisted wedge heads typically offer more piston to valve clearance than inline heads (AFRs, Edelbrock, RHS, GT40, etc), BUT there are a lot of factors that come into play, so you ALWAYS have to check PtV when you're assembling the engine. Checking is easy, there's no reason not to do it.

If you haven't bought the pistons yet, buy pistons with Twisted Wedge valve reliefs, or pistons with dual pattern reliefs, which have cuts for both TW and inline heads.

FWIW, my stock, flat top pistons cleared my TW valves easily, but I also have a very mild cam, which helps.

Twisted wedge heads typically offer more piston to valve clearance than inline heads (AFRs, Edelbrock, RHS, GT40, etc), BUT there are a lot of factors that come into play, so you ALWAYS have to check PtV when you're assembling the engine. Checking is easy, there's no reason not to do it.

If you haven't bought the pistons yet, buy pistons with Twisted Wedge valve reliefs, or pistons with dual pattern reliefs, which have cuts for both TW and inline heads.

FWIW, my stock, flat top pistons cleared my TW valves easily, but I also have a very mild cam, which helps.

I agree with what he said.

Also I am running my stock pistons with an Ed Curtis custom cam with .566 lift on both exhaust and intake and had clearance as well. No need to purchase anything but the heads! :nice: