Just checking in

GSP393

Aug 14, 2006
Orange County, Texas
I haven't had internet access where I've been staying so I wanted to say hi now that I have a chance. I came back to Canada for a week to stay with my wife and get away from the mold and other hell that was my home and city. For anyone unfamiliar, my area was hit by a 20 foot storm surge brought on by hurricane Ike. We had 47 inches of salt water inside the house, 56 inches on the outside and 6 feet in the road in front of my house. The water came within 3 inches of going over the roof in my Mustang parked inside the garage and 3 inches over the dash in my dads one ton truck parked in the driveway. Most of my time has been in helping my family with their stuff and getting to mine when I can find the time.
Anyway I just wanted to give a heads up as to what I've been doing and to say hi to everybody.

• Sponsors (?)

My dad and uncle took my block, heads, cam, rods and pistons to a shop in Lake Charles. When I called them on Monday, they said they could save all but the cam and pistons. Snake Farm has declaired my car as unrepairable and is currently screwing me around as far as giving me any credit for my 5k paint job or anything else I did to it. I'm going to buy it back to either sell as a strip car project or build a drag car myself. It still would be bad ass and I'm not going to let it get crushed like all the other cars that were totaled from the storm surge. I lost my roller lifters and roller timing set along with 95% of my belongings. I'm thankful for the safety and well being of my loved ones and pets and thanks for the good wishes from you all.

Also, my dad gave me his '90 T-bird SuperCoupe. It's a sweet all options car, but we blew a head gaskit on the way back from the airport a few weeks ago. We're going to have the longblock rebuilt and currently looking for some headers for it.