Just had a guy try and tell me I had a 4.6 in my car

Funny one chris.
I get that stuff a lot. People come into my work asking who has the cobra. Then start asking about my blower (what blower?,...apparently cause the 03-04 had them then they all have them.)
Also the kids (ricers) here seem to think i just have a really loud V-6. Cause my bumper dont have COBRA on it (haha yet its sitting in my room). Ohh and lets not forget the idiot at autozonethat told me he would not sell me an OBD I code reader cause he said it wont work for my car. That my car reads OBD II only and i didnt know what i was talking about.
Last but not least, the guy that told me i knew nothing about mustangs. That mine was a V-6 with a V-8 put in it. Cause of the rear bumper also cause of the fact i dont have the cobra hood(he ment 96-98 hood) The fact that I don't have leather. I don't have 95R's which he was describing as the 94-95 cobra wheels, my white face guages dont cover the warning lights on the bottom and last but not least and I loved this one. My motor is a crate motor and that my car had a V-6 in it. (haha it still has the 1-800 number printed on the stick on the vavlecovers that says if you have any problems with the car to call this number. I just laughed and said you wanna write my VIN down and take a trip to the ford dealership I'll bet you everything i have and everything you own that I'm right and your wrong. (that was apparently when he had to leave) What a loser!

• Sponsors (?)

I had just replaced my badges with 5.0 badges and a friend of my roomates comes over, sees the car and says

Him: Clean car...those badges are kinda ricer.
Me: How so?
Him: its a 4.6, its like ricers saying they have VTEC when they don't.
Me: ok..... :rolleyes:

My roomates all proceed to correct him, this is a guy who calls the Mustang the American Civic....

When my friend got his stock 98 cobra he proceeded to tell me how he clocked himself doing a 9.9 1/4 mile on some backroad. Then started talking about his supercharger.....I was like "oh yeah lemme see" so he shows me the stock intake plenum :rolleyes: Then he was telling me how the little hood vents have this "awesome ram-air effect" :lol:

I was just like damn.....some cars just need better drivers.

Iknow how you feel man. I bought a 327 stroker crate and had it shipped to my job. When it came in everyone asked what it was so I told them. I got the "you're putting a chevy motor in your stang?". I tried to explain repeatedly its a Ford stroked. Finaly when I got it running I asked the 2 that argued with me to show me where myt dizzy was. When they pointed it out in the front of the motor. I asked the to show me a chevy motor with the dizzy in front. I added when did chevy move the exhaust ports on their smallblocks? (I know the LS1 but they are oldheads no idea about newer cars.)

i skipped through alot of posts, but i have my own story.

before we moved i lived within visible sight of the chevron. i pulled in there and the employee guy came out and started talking to me about my car. he asked is that a 5.0? i said yeah.

he says, its actually a 351 you know :shrug: i said nah i didnt know that. he tells me, yeah they put 351's in all of them, not alot of people know that. (famous phrase all dumbasses use, "not alot of people know that".)

so then he proceeds to ask if i have traction problems after he walks away and comes back. i again said not really. last thing he tells me, is i should FILL MY HATCH with sandbags so it will grab :lol: i tried not to laugh, handed him the 10 bucks i put in my tank and took off.

i cant believe some people are so persistant in the first place when they have no idea what they are talking about.

yea, I have had ricers tell me that I have a 4.6 and that I do not know what I am talking about, and that i need to take the 5.0 badges off my car. of course, I show them the engine and tell them that is not a 4.6, and looks nothing like it, they do not believe me because they do not know the difference, and then I try to tell them that my motor uses pushrods, and is a 5.0, and they look at me like im stupid, i guess they think all cars use OHC. :shrug:

I Got On Ecorrect Me If Im Wrong I Might Be Talking To This Guy With A Like 99 Stang Orginal A 4.6 But He Has 5.0 Badges So I Finial Talked To Him He Tells Me That He Put A Stroker Motor In It I Was Like Nice. What A 327 He Says No Its Like A 300 Actually Know U Can Make A 327 And A 347 Right But Im Pretty Sure You Cant Decrease Your Motor I Dunno Might Be Wrong Dont Know Everything So I Just Said I Would Like To See It One Day. Let Me Know
Dan

stang_dan said:
I Got On Ecorrect Me If Im Wrong I Might Be Talking To This Guy With A Like 99 Stang Orginal A 4.6 But He Has 5.0 Badges So I Finial Talked To Him He Tells Me That He Put A Stroker Motor In It I Was Like Nice. What A 327 He Says No Its Like A 300 Actually Know U Can Make A 327 And A 347 Right But Im Pretty Sure You Cant Decrease Your Motor I Dunno Might Be Wrong Dont Know Everything So I Just Said I Would Like To See It One Day. Let Me Know
Dan

maybe he had his 4.6 (281CI) stroked to a 5.0 (302). And yes you can destroke a motor. The 5.0 started out as a 265 I think then went to a 289 then finaly to the 5.0 (302)

ok i got it thats probally what he meant. cause we were talking and he seemed to know his stuff but that threw me off a little.

donjohn i've never heard of a 327. stang dan, u remind me of ernan. people are funny ... now replace funny w/ stupid

thats probally a bad thing :notnice: but thats ok im not as "funny" as some people CANT KNOW IT ALL :stupid:
later thanks for the good info :hail2:
dan

donjohn said:
i've never heard of a 327. stang dan, u remind me of ernan. people are funny ... now replace funny w/ stupid

I think a 327 is a 331 only with the stock bore. I think it uses a 3.25" crank? Anyway, if you were to throw a 347 crank in there without boring it out, I think you come up with a 342. It's just most people bore it out when they do a stroker too.

Dude, I hate to tell you this, but you actually have a 4.9. :nonono:
:lol:

I've never actually had anyone insist that my car has a 4.6. Several were like, "oh, I didn't know they put 5.0's in those cars."

CManT1914 said:
and that their "new technology" isn't that great.

Overhead cam setups have been around a very long time. I never get why the "new tech" thing always gets thrown up with OHC, or even DOHC. The new 3V engines, however, have a bunch of nifty "new" gadgetry, so.. :shrug: