Just installed my headers.....

04fullitgt

I shower with poo
Nov 13, 2006
Crest Hill, Illinois
I finally got my headers on teh mach :)
But after a few days of driving around it threw a code, PO153. I did my homework and found that I could be a bad 02 sensor. I replaced the sensor yesterday afternoon,cleared the code and went on about my buisness. But today on my way home from work it threw the same code again, what else could it be??? My exhaust setup is in my sig.

• Sponsors (?)

Usually means a bad sensor but since you replaced it try swapping the left side with the right side. If bank 2 comes up again we can work on it further. If the code swaps sides then you got a bad new sensor.

Well im have not heard of headers causing this code, but maybe somebody knows something I don't. I would start with a good visual inspection of the connector and harness. Make sure nothing is corroded, cut or melted. Also remeber that bank 2 on a ford is the driver side, not passenger side like many people think.

Well im have not heard of headers causing this code, but maybe somebody knows something I don't. I would start with a good visual inspection of the connector and harness. Make sure nothing is corroded, cut or melted. Also remeber that bank 2 on a ford is the driver side, not passenger side like many people think.

+1 for the visual inspection

Also, it's not really Ford specific...every manufacturer I have worked for, looking at the front of the engine (crank pulley side) left is bank 1, right is bank 2.

Not all O2 codes warrant O2 replacement. Some codes are 99% the O2, and others are more involved.

Keep in mind when you install long tubes, the front sensors are now further down than before and this can cause a cel. It can also cause a lean code as well, but a tune can usually fix that.

That thought actually crossed my mind after it came on, I mean the car seems to run fine as far as I can tell, Sometimes Ill hit a rich spot (usually down low in the RPM band) but then it pulls hard up top.