List of things that make car rice...

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='66 coupe]'99-2000 had silver headlights.
'01-'04 had the blackened housings.[/QUOTE]

You're right... I had never actually checked myself.

Lambo- I wasn't trying to offend you man.

03v6 said:
You're right... I had never actually checked myself.

Lambo- I wasn't trying to offend you man.

You didn't. Look what I drive u think I would get offended easily?? LOL I went to make the car kinda "importish" look to throw people away from what might actualy be done to it.

What do yall think of JDM (yellow) Fogs on American Cars? Rice or not? I hate it, but yellow performs better in fog.

DSC_0066.jpg

I love Pat's lights- but they are on an MR2- decent example though...

Because the other day I ran into an 06 or so V6 w/ the GT add ins but they were yellow-- the car was turboed almost the color of mine and had black wheels i think .. anyone know him

Im in Atlanta...???
I added the lights to the list...

Attachments

• DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 210
no made it look like that cuz I love the colors. when I painted it the inside ( was tan ) didn't match the outside so I did somthing diff ( granted only seen in lowriders or civics ) to the inside. Tha lambo's... ehh why not lol. You seen it sitting with the doors down and the windows up. ( now tented 3% ) you would think otherwise, when u can see the inside its says rice.

03v6 said:
What do yall think of JDM (yellow) Fogs on American Cars?

Not bashing your use of terminology; but why the hell is everything the ricers stole from other car cultures now considered JDM?!!
I'm pretty amber/yellow foglights are mostly a European thing. It gets pretty damn foggy in England, and I've seen more vintage Mini Coppers, Sunbeams, Mercedes, etc... using these colors than vintage Japanese cars.
What next? People gonna be strapping Rear Fogs onto imports and calling it JDM?
rear_fog.JPG

I used to have amber foglight covers on my car until I got the clear foglights. No special reason why I had the amber covers, I just thought it looked good. Pretty different for my year; I never saw another one on the road with the same amber covers. Now I'm digging the clear ones though.. looks better than the ugly stock textured look on the foglights and headlights, in my opinion. If some people think that makes my car rice.. well.. ok. whatever.

03v6 said:
Lambo- in my opinion... yes- like you said- it falls into atleast 1/2 of my specs. If you saw the same stuff on a Civic... would you consider it rice? Seriously though man- no offense at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and my friends/ girlfriend and I are all hardcore about that kind of stuff.

Bodykits looking good is completely subjective.. honestly I have only seen one- the barely noticeable veilside kit for G35s ... it adds foglight holes- I still would never buy it- just... if it came on the car- I wouldnt' rip it off first thing. I'll agree too about the cobra conversion kit. Of course only the 03 and up Cobra, but also IMO if it isn't a Cobra...??? Also- I, personally, hate clear corners. They always look cheap to me, like the originals broke and someone bought the cheapest replacements possible. I also, hate stickers- even those that fill in the "mustang" on the back of the car- i used to like them though- idk why i quit. Everything else you listed- i think i already talked about, but seriously dude- I just started this thread because I was curious about every one elses definition of rice- not to be offensive... Seriously- I respect everyone's opinion all the time- even if I dont' sound like I do.

not to bash you or anything but you say all this stuff about cars being rice. So your saying if your car is not stock appearing it is rice? I dont know about that. And then you talk about if your car isnt a cobra you shouldnt have the kit on it. Then you shouldnt have fogs on your V6 and mach 1 chin on your non mach.

Just doesnt make sense to me...btw a lot of bone stock ricers would be a v6.

Dope 97GT said:
Just doesnt make sense to me...btw a lot of bone stock ricers would be a v6.

If they can beat a stock V6, they can beat your car in stock form too.
Why is it that some GT owners think V6es are SO slow? From a dig, a non-PI GT with stock gears is just as pathetic as a '99+ V6, so I wouldn't go around trying to teach these guys anything.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]If they can beat a stock V6, they can beat your car in stock form too.
Why is it that some GT owners think V6es are SO slow? From a dig, a non-PI GT with stock gears is just as pathetic as a '99+ V6, so I wouldn't go around trying to teach these guys anything.[/QUOTE]

every 99-04 v6 at the track ive seen cant run in the 14s...like high 15s actually I used to beat them with my stock probe gt that ran a 15.5. My NPI runs 14s stock.

and im not bashing any v6 mustangs...just trying to tell the original poster that most of the things he has stated do not make much sense.

my 2 friends have a honda crx sir and an acura integra gsr and they are bone stock that run in the 14's all JDM.

Dope 97GT said:
every 99-04 v6 at the track ive seen cant run in the 14s...like high 15s actually I used to beat them with my stock probe gt that ran a 15.5. My NPI runs 14s stock.

This still proves nothing. There are way too many factors that would explain the difference. You have a 5spd, you're probably a better driver than guys starting out with V6es, V6es come with 15x7" wheels which suck for traction, etc...

my 2 friends have a honda crx sir and an acura integra gsr and they are bone stock that run in the 14's all JDM.

Bone stock? So like what, 14.9's?
Sorry, not buying the bone stock thing. Even an RSX Type-S needs u/d pullies to get mid-14's.

all i was saying is that i had a problem with almost everything that was on the list he had.

I never said my non pi was fast acually in fact 14.0 is pretty slow. That is why i will have a 03 cobra in the spring.

I never said that v6s couldnt be fast there are plenty that are TTd running 11's and 10s. I just have a real problem with someone using the term "ricer" who is a hypocrite that has a pretty much stock v6 mustang.

comon if your paint isnt stock replacement then its rice what is that bs. I didnt know that if i bought a saleen it would be rice either?

never said one thing bad about a v6 mustang or any of the people driving them. I just saw the thread and had a little bit of a problem.

btw...JDM specs are different from american specs on the b16 engines of honda. like gsr and si-r cars.

Dope 97GT said:
btw...JDM specs are different from american specs on the b16 engines of honda. like gsr and si-r cars.

So is that considered stock? I don't get it cause I'm not a Honda person. I like NIssans, but they never imported JDM models like Honda did with the Type-R in '99.:shrug: All I know is if I swap an sr20det into a 240sx, I'm not gonna call it stock cause it doesn't have the truck engine.:shrug:

EDIT:
Either way, a JDM car beating a V6 Mustang doesn't = a ricer beating a V6 Mustang. Ricers have US Spec import, which suck.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]So is that considered stock? I don't get it cause I'm not a Honda person. I like NIssans, but they never imported JDM models like Honda did with the Type-R in '99.:shrug: All I know is if I swap an sr20det into a 240sx, I'm not gonna call it stock cause it doesn't have the truck engine.:shrug:

EDIT:
Either way, a JDM car beating a V6 Mustang doesn't = a ricer beating a V6 Mustang. Ricers have US Spec import, which suck.[/QUOTE]

yeah it is a bone stock honda in japan.

yes there are ricers out there with the huge wings and welded on mufflers and things like that. not the things that were on his list. thats all im sayin.

Dope 97GT said:
yeah it is a bone stock honda in japan.

yes there are ricers out there with the huge wings and welded on mufflers and things like that. not the things that were on his list. thats all im sayin.

I see your point about the opinions on mods.
I was just saying that telling them a ricer can beat them, then using cars sold in Japan as examples is a cheap shot and poor way to back up your point. GT owners telling V6 owners their cars are slow is bad enough, but telling them a lot of "bone stock ricers can beat a V6"? Come on, that's just not nice, much less not true.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I see your point about the opinions on mods.
I was just saying that telling them a ricer can beat them, then using cars sold in Japan as examples is a cheap shot and poor way to back up your point. GT owners telling V6 owners their cars are slow is bad enough, but telling them a lot of "bone stock ricers can beat a V6"? Come on, that's just not nice, much less not true.[/QUOTE]

I should have not worded it like i did ("bone stock ricers can beat a V6") I did not mean the laughable things things that you sometimes see on the street. But i know people with some graphics and some underglows and unpainted carbon hoods and fenders that would beat him and are pretty fast as stock cars. I was referring to his concept of ricer (and his list) and not the actual ones like unpainted body kits and rusted out pieces that you see.

but its nice to actually have a conversation with someone on a forum with out it converting to personal attacks. :SNSign:

and I was not coming on this forum to bash an v6 owners or tell them their cars are slow. I was saying he was talking a lot of smack for his car being a bone stock v6...like he was better than someone with some appearence mods.