Fox LMR new Resto 5.0 seats?!?!

20201128_111514.jpg
You could always buy aftermarket "race" seats and have them upholstered in the same fabric.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I was considering a set of AM buckets for the Black Friday sale, but waiting on clutch parts

8CA75645-4DDE-4A49-A85B-7E9B41BB2E14.jpeg

To rotate out my seats, so I can refurb the mechanisms

981AE7DB-741B-4DC0-87D0-454B1417FB30.jpeg

Meh, I didn't say I didn't like the blue, @Mstng93SSP ! Call me crazy but I LOVE red interior too. BUT red has even more support than blue. Everyone has black or gray interior these days... factory or converted. I like that my blue is different; it'll look right at home when I repaint my car the factory twilight blue.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if TMI has the kit for ‘79 pace car Recaros in blue.
6A598A89-2D18-435A-871E-FFD5B099BFB8.jpeg
My 79 5.0 LX (or GLX?) had no console. I could wedge a drink between the seat and brake handle, but it sat on the carpet. The door latch handles were down where those speakers are. The seats were solid palamino vinyl, and the steering wheel was nothing like this. Were the pace cars that different, or is this not a 79?

My 79 5.0 LX (or GLX?) had no console. I could wedge a drink between the seat and brake handle, but it sat on the carpet. The door latch handles were down where those speakers are. The seats were solid palamino vinyl, and the steering wheel was nothing like this. Were the pace cars that different, or is this not a 79?

It's probably not a '79. The pace cars are known for the Recaros, but Ford stuck them in other models up to 1981. These are likely from a '80 or '81.

heres the ‘81 brochure showing thrn as an option on the ‘81 cobra CBBA62A6-13DA-465D-8FDD-38D244A21EE3.jpeg

and the ‘80 brochure shows they are available in blue

5B65B056-6594-43E1-BCA1-66E7FCE76177.jpeg

I ordered a new pair from AM, they price matched cjpony and gave me an additional $25 off. Corbeau's sport reclining in black cloth/ vinyl.

Reactions: 1 user
I installed the Corbeau rear seat covering in my car, and gotta say I do like the fit and finish of that kit. It's nice and tight - almost too tight. It's made to match the GTS2 seats, but I used them as a stopgap until I can recover them to match my recaros.

I'd probably pick up another stock rear seat and just recover that. I do have a donor 87-89 GT seat that I would like to recover one day in black tweed just to have a "stock" set of black seats. I figured i'd give TMI a shot.

Call me crazy, but as awesome as my Recaro seats are, I have a thing for the OEM foxbody sport seats.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I installed the Corbeau rear seat covering in my car, and gotta say I do like the fit and finish of that kit. It's nice and tight - almost too tight. It's made to match the GTS2 seats, but I used them as a stopgap until I can recover them to match my recaros.

I'd probably pick up another stock rear seat and just recover that. I do have a donor 87-89 GT seat that I would like to recover one day in black tweed just to have a "stock" set of black seats. I figured i'd give TMI a shot.

Call me crazy, but as awesome as my Recaro seats are, I have a thing for the OEM foxbody sport seats.
I'd trade stock sport seats for recaros.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user