mach 1 engine in a 97 gt???

• Sponsors (?)

Things you need/do:
1.Change the wiring harness a little
2.Chip burned/ tune
3.Injector adaptors< your injector harness will not work with the new injectors>
4.Coil pacs
5.Fuel rails from SHM or call Aero motive
6.Exhaust headers
7.Maybe a new hood.

I don't like the way stangnet looks now. Maybe i just have to get use to it. :shrug:

2.Chip burned/ tune
3.Injector adaptors< your injector harness will not work with the new injectors>
4.Coil pacs
6.Exhaust headers
7.Maybe a new hood.

You can use the coil packs that are in the car now. If the motor is a complete crate motor it should have the fuel rails and exhasut manifolds. Your stock hood will work fine.

An absolutly stock mach 1 will run with or outrun a PI headed, cammed, full exhaust GT.

gruntman31 said:
2.Chip burned/ tune
4.Coil pacs
6.Exhaust headers
7.Maybe a new hood.

You can use the coil packs that are in the car now. If the motor is a complete crate motor it should have the fuel rails and exhasut manifolds. Your stock hood will work fine.
Is the same true for a 96 GT?

gruntman31 said:
An absolutly stock mach 1 will run with or outrun a PI headed, cammed, full exhaust GT.
No kidding? :bang: I was going to go the PI headed, cammed, full exhaust route (I just bought the heads), but now I'm not so sure ...

gruntman31 said:

did you get a complete crate motor when you swapped? what problems did you run into and about how much did it totally cost?

where would I get ahold of injector adapters? also, do I need to find a shop that specializes in these kinds of swaps, or mustangs in general(due to the change of the harness) or is any competent shop ok?

gruntman31 said:
2.Chip burned/ tune
4.Coil pacs
6.Exhaust headers
7.Maybe a new hood.

Rails cannot be used, they are setup for Returnless fuel system.

gruntman31 said:
2.Chip burned/ tune
4.Coil pacs
6.Exhaust headers
7.Maybe a new hood.

Well your the one with the Mach1 in the 97 GT but... I have a 99 Cobra 4v in mine and it came with the 99 fuel rails but i had to get a aero motive fuel pressure regulator to start the car. If the mach1 is a returnless style fuel system then you would have the same problem as my 99 4v.

What does your fuel set up look like? Do you have a pic of it?

If its the motor from KarKraft it is complete and for only $2999.00. Its worth the money for that motor.

Gruntman how does mach1 feel. I'm having the dealer take the 4v out so i'm thinking about the mach1 but i'm not sure about it. I'm thinking about that or building up a 03 motor to save alittle money. How much hp can that mach1 hold up and what are your 1/4 miles, do you have some guestestimates on the 1/4mile.

I have some guestestimates on 1/4 mile with my car. 12s with slicks n/nos and if the tune was gone right.

Going to try to remember the crap i have on it.
A/C delete
Center Force Clutch D.F.2
Mac LTs
O/F H pipe
1 chamber flows made to a side exhaust
Mac intake
Eibach sportline drop
373 gear
MSD wires
MSD coils
MSD digital box
Battary in the truck Kit < Had no room for the MSD box>
Pro 5.0 shifter
Cervini RR hood < I couldn't close my stock hood>
Had to remove the strut towler because of the intake
Aero motive fuel pressure regulartor, dash 6 and dash 8 fuel lines

After the dealer it was going to get a 150 dry nitrous kit and a power tune.

I think thats all? I might be forgetting something if i remember i'll list it.