Mach 1 Hood and Shaker

• Sponsors (?)

Those CDC shaker kits are nice quality,Ive seen a few on stangs around here.

As for the actual Mach hood and shaker being a direct bolt-on.....as far as I know its a no .
I cant remember the exact reasons why its not,but some has to do with the way the top of the motor is on the Mach's vs. the GT's,things wont match or line up and I believe there is a height issue as well.

I dont know how much you know anout the stangs but motor wise there is a very noticable difference between Mach's and GT's.

I know the difference, just didn't know about the positioning, height, etc. I looked through the link provided and see it is possible with a little patience and ingenuity. I think the mach 1/shaker combo is about my favorite hood, but to pull it off is a bit pricey, so we'll see.

Yeah the real deal is better looking IMO too,the CDC isnt a bad option though.The difference with the CDC is that hump in the middle of the hood around the shaker isnt as high.

The CDC kit is nice when you have the hood painted after the install,but Ive seen one where he didnt paint it and it looked cheap that way.

I remember that there was an article on the web somewhere,as to someone doing just what your asking but I cant find it or remember the outcome,wether it worked or not.

Hey i just did a quick search and found this

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/565657-replacement-03-04-mach1-hood-where-buy.html

Scroll down to this user and maybe drop him a PM,he has already done it.
user name:GT-03

This is what he had to say in his mods list link.Hope it helps.

So, I had been wanting for a long time, to buy a shaker kit for my Mustang. However, I was hesitant to start ripping apart my brand new Mustang. What really got me to finally take this step, was that I was the chance finding of a Mach 1 hood in excellent condition for sale, and in just the right factory color. A perfect match! Plus it had the hood stripe, the under hood blanket, trim ring, and engine decal too. That made the hood itself a simple "bolt off the old, bolt on the new" activity.

With the hood taken care of, the shaker "ram air" kit itself, can easily be installed in under an hour. Except for a custom front bracket and a custom rear bracket, needed because of the GT having the 16v engine instead of the Mach 1's 32v engine, everything else in the kit are authentic Ford parts.

You can buy the Shaker "Ram Air" kit from KarKraft.

There used to be a black mach running around town here,but what he did to set it off was he did the Mach 1 hood stripe in a silver or a light grey color and that was nice.

And that guy I was linking to in above post that did the shaker on his wasnt a 4v its just a GT.why wait..:D