Mach 1 shaker scoop squeaks & rattles....HELP!!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
Help!!! The shaker hood scoop on on my 03 Mach 1 squeaks & rattles. It happens mostly @ idle. I checked the bolts & everything seems tight. Its not a major problem but its very annoying. Along with the stupid throw out bearing sound, & the typical "Mach 1" valvetrain noise, it makes my car sound like ass. What can I do to fix this.

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_0240.jpg

Their are some isolators under the Shaker (the black rubber one in pic). I believe if the isolators you have on under your Shaker are white, then those are the stock isolators, and they are junk. They need to be replaced. I think their was a TSB on this. Their are 4 of them. Just follow that bracket back and their is another in the rear of the Shaker. (2 on each side). This should be the cause of the squeeking.

So I checked it out today, & it ends up I do have the white ones. I tried to get the dealership to fix them, but my car is just over the 36k mark. & of course they dont stock the bushings, & they list @ 17.95 a peice.

Who caries the replacement bushings for cheaper than the dealer?

I looked through a couple of my Mustang catalogs and found nothing. I doubt it will be easy to find someone that will have them. I went over to Mach1Registry and used the "Search" feature using "Shaker Bushings" and their is a thread named "Shaker is shaking too much". I guess you can use a couple washers on top of the stock bushings and that is suppose to work also. Their is directions on how to do it.

Thanks...This is not the kind of washers that raise up the shaker though right? I dont like the raised up shaker. I will buy the bushings if I have to, because Im going to a big Stang cruise in the bay areain a few weeks & I cant have my shaker sounding like that!!! So yours came with the black 1's or did u change them also?

In that thread it said your Shaker was raised just slightly. I don't like the raised Shaker spacers either, but a couple washers is'nt gonna raise it but a few hairs. I bought my Mach used, and the guy I bought it from had already taken it to the dealer for the bushing swap.

You own a Mach and you cannot afford $17 bushings? What are you going to do when you need new tires or a major repair?

I can afford the bushings. I just wanted to see if there was another way to get around it b4 I bought them. I just think its BS that Ford wouldnt fix it, because my car is only 1k past 36k. Especially since there was a TSB. Anyway, Im gonna have to spend the $72 dollars I guess (4 bushings @ $17.99). As far as major repairs go, I have a warranty, just not 1 from Ford. Why u bustin my balls!!! lol

I can afford the bushings. I just wanted to see if there was another way to get around it b4 I bought them. I just think its BS that Ford wouldnt fix it, because my car is only 1k past 36k. Especially since there was a TSB. Anyway, Im gonna have to spend the $72 dollars I guess (4 bushings @ $17.99). As far as major repairs go, I have a warranty, just not 1 from Ford. Why u bustin my balls!!! lol
Maybe Randy Stinchcomb can get them cheaper...

Maybe try going to a different dealership? Thats lame they wouldnt repair that on just 1K over. I would be pissed.

It sure is lame, but I bought the car used from the very same dealership with only 30K. As far as I know, the original Ford warranty is only good for the original owner right? Or am I wrong? I probably should have got it checked out quicker, but I hate going to the stealerships.

On a side note, all u GT owners should be happy u dont own a Mach or Cobra, because at least they always have your parts in stock & @ fair prices. For Machs & Cobras, they dont stock anything, so everything is pretty much a "special order" item, which u have to pay for up front & there are no refunds if its the wrong part or something. & everything seems to be twice as much. But dont get me wrong, Im glad I have a Mach.