magnapack or slp?

• Sponsors (?)

Lots of SLP haters.........If your going to knock a product, at least have a valid reason!! Just because SLP didn't make Mustang stuff since 1964 doesn't mean they don't make top notch stuff. I was extremely satisfied with my SLP exhaust and get tons of compliments on it. As far as sound goes, that's a personal opinion, but I love mine. But beware with an O/R X-pipe, it will be LOUD. Also mine is very raspy right at 3000 rpm. But that is expected with all X-Pipes. Overall, the quality of the system simply could not be better. All fittings are tight and dont leak. And the fitment was outstanding. I am 100% satisfied.

Andy

BuffaloZone said:
Just my opinion, but if you want a nice sounding and mildly aggressive exhaust - but you still want your mother or granny to still like your car...better go with the packs. And if you want something aggressive...and taken to the next level, but you want to make sure that your mother and granny scream at you when you do a drive-by - SLP wins hands down...

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/sounds/Magnapack vs SLP.mp3

Sweet!! :D
In that clip BuffaloZone I think the SLP catback
sounds like @ss but,the Magnaflow Magnapacks sounds good!
I still love my Flow's better :nice:

I still don't understand where this tractor crap came from...is this still from that thread with the guy that had the cammed up 4.6 with the lopey idle? He had SLP exhaust and people ripped on him because it idled rough. Oh well, if you guys don't like it...that's your opinion, but I can't understand how you think the magnaflow sounds better than the SLP in that clip.

Andy

I agree with most on this post that slp doesn't sound good. It does not give a clean sound at all. I will agree with the latter that slp looks as though they make good quality stuff but as far as sound goes, it sounds cheap. I'm going by the few clips that I have heard. I would say go with magnapacks. But just offering my opinion again, do not go the magnapacks with a off road pipe, they get way too raspy. They sound best with a hi flow cat x pipe. I have heard packs with a prochamber also and that sounded mean as hell and was not raspy in the least. But other off road pipes and packs get raspy really quick. most don't like the sound. But it is all personal opinion.

Xanax said:
In that clip BuffaloZone I think the SLP catback
sounds like @ss but,the Magnaflow Magnapacks sounds good!
I still love my Flow's better :nice:

In that clip I think the Magnaflows would sound EXACTLY like the SLPs...if you gave the won'tFlows about an Extra 100HP - they just sound like they're hooked to a weaker motor when compared to the SLPs.

:shrug: