Manual Window Regulators

f8tlfiveo

My wife likes my spool and blow-off valve.
Aug 8, 2007
Lancaster, PA
Has anyone ever swapped to manual window regulators from electric? Is it just the regulator and the handle of is it more than this? Or modified an electric regulator to be manual... I had manual on my 88, they were great.. My 93 has electric and I hate them...

Sent from my iPhone

• Sponsors (?)

What's the problem with the electric widows?

I have had 2 different 89 Mustangs with electric windows
I cleaned the window switches with electrical parts cleaner on both cars On the other car, I replaced the window motor clutch rollers ($8 kit from the auto parts store). For a total 23 years of driving, they worked great in both cars.

I just rather have manual Windows... This driver window keeps getting stuck down.. The wiring is ok, I think the motor might be on the fritz.. It only stops working when it's completely down..

Sent from my iPhone

Spend $8 on the clutch roller kit and it will probably fix the problem. That's a lot cheaper and simpler that replacing the widow regulators.

Reactions: 1 user
Spend $8 on the clutch roller kit and it will probably fix the problem. That's a lot cheaper and simpler that replacing the widow regulators.
The window gets stuck down because the motor will not go for whatever reason. The first time it happened I pulled the door panel off, checked switches, switched the switches.. Still no movement. Check wiring at motor plug, had 12 volts with switch depressed both ways. So I ran a 12v wire from the battery directly to the motor plug. And grounded the other side, after some scratching around with the ground I got the window to move. So, I'm not sure I'm guessing the motor is the problem. About 3 weeks after this the window got stuck again, same spot.

Sent from my iPhone

Here's what the rollers look like.
Most auto parts stores carry them in the Help! section that has all the common hardware items.
Late Mode restoration also has them;

Mustang Window Motor Gear Bushings, Set Of 3 (79-93)

lrs-wlk52_8665.jpg

For the how to fix video see
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Xbs0ke8TY

I just watched the video, that isn't the issue I am having. My window is down all the way.. The motor is not operating at all at the moment. So these bushings have no relevance in my issue.

Sent from my iPhone

I just watched the video, that isn't the issue I am having. My window is down all the way.. The motor is not operating at all at the moment. So these bushings have no relevance in my issue.

Sent from my iPhone
You'll need to take the motor apart to find the problem. If it will run but not move the window, it is definitely the source of the problem

You are misunderstanding the issue. The motor does not do anything. Like I said this happened before, I got it working again for a couple days, now it is not working again. Maybe I will pull the motor out and see what the problem is.

Sent from my iPhone

Well, I guess you were right and I was wrong. I took the motor out and checked these bushings. They were all busted up. Motor turned after I cleared all the busted pieces out. Thanks for your help jrichker

Sent from my iPhone

Well, I guess you were right and I was wrong. I took the motor out and checked these bushings. They were all busted up. Motor turned after I cleared all the busted pieces out. Thanks for your help jrichker
Sent from my iPhone

I am glad you got it fixed. You' enjoy your Mustang that much more with power windows that open and close with the touch or a button :D: