Meanest Exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

I would definatly go with long tube headers, either hooker supercomps or headman elites. no x or h pipe and either 1 chamber flowmasters if the cam has less than .550" lift and spintechs if the cam is between .555" lift and .600" lift. if the cam is bigger than .600" lift then any muffler will rock your sox off.:rlaugh:

Headers, Flow 40's and dumps right out of the mufflers! :eek:

Oh, wait a minute; that's the consensus from the peanut gallery on f150online.com :rolleyes:

Personally; I'm looking to outfit Larry with a Magnaflow 3" cat-back Sido system; let him breathe a little better without blowing what little torque there is out the exhaust tip. A guy here locally has that system on his F-250 Super Duty (5.4 SOHC wase the "base" motor that year) and it sounds really good. Not loud; more like there's a "restrained" beast in there. It sorta says, "Speak softly and carry a BIG stick." :nice:

EDIT: Now if I could just find a system like that (even in 2-1/2" duals) for the Cougar.... maybe order up one with an extra 6" on the headpipe(s) to cover the extra length...... :)

Have any of you guys tried the Chambered Pipes/Exhaust? I think that's what it's called. I heard these pipes on a Camaro a while back and I thought the car sounded like a Pro-Mod.

I would definatly go with long tube headers, either hooker supercomps or headman elites. no x or h pipe and either 1 chamber flowmasters if the cam has less than .550" lift and spintechs if the cam is between .555" lift and .600" lift. if the cam is bigger than .600" lift then any muffler will rock your sox off.:rlaugh:

Mine is over .650 lift and magnaflow killed the sound of the engine. Hated them. lol Sounded mean at WOT though, but I wanted something more aggressive at idle too.

I don't know what it is about the lift and magnaflows but a buddy of mine had a 383" windsor, EFI, trick flow r heads, and a ~.670" solid roller and the thing sounded like a go kart at idle.

Nice under WOT but the idle was like eh, especially for something that looked like a show car.

I don't know what it is about the lift and magnaflows but a buddy of mine had a 383" windsor, EFI, trick flow r heads, and a ~.670" solid roller and the thing sounded like a go kart at idle.

Nice under WOT but the idle was like eh, especially for something that looked like a show car.

Ya I dunno, it actually sounded better to me when I had my blower setup and smaller cam on it. The big cam and those mufflers just sucked. The spin techs sound flat nasty though. They do however have a part throttle pop that I dont entirely like, but I'm thinking the 2 1/2 inch piping might be causing some of that. WOT throttle on them is just music to my ears. heh

Im a big fan of un-chambered mufflers. I personally think the sound of straight-throughs cant be beaten at WOT with a good set of LTs.

* Currently running Super Comp LTs, 3" exhaust with X-pipe, and XR1s*

To each their own . . .

I personally think the only time straight-thru mufflers sound good is at WOT.

You can't beat a chambered muffler at idle . . . a built motor with turndowns is literally something you can feel when it drives by you :D