More stupid questions! *Yeah!*

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
East Moline, IL
Time for another round...

1. Is there a better way to get to the fuse box? I'm needing to replace the flasher, and I cant seem to get my hand up far enough. I was able to get the lower one out, but, of course, that's not the one that's not working correctly... and also, are these interchangable? parts america's website is not very specific, making them look like you can use the same for both.

2. Crap, I forgot because I got busy typing that one... oh well, guess it doesn't matter... oh yeah I wanted to know why my dash lights aren't working, but I assume it's a fuse, and that goes back to question 1.

I guess I could go look in the manual, but that's outside, and I'm in here, and half the time what I'm looking for isn't in it. For the good news, it runs well now. So far have replaced:
- Accelerator cable
- wheel cylinders
- drums
- rotors
- pads/shoes/hardware
- oil/air filter/etc... (of course)
- ragjoint disc

I have a new thermostat sitting out there to put in Sunday when I flush the coolant.. that should be fun :rolleyes: but then she should be about street worthy. Everything with this car seems to be alot more complicated than most (and than it should be), cause alot more headache than it should, and takes longer than it should. But it's always worth it when I'm done. :D

• Sponsors (?)

There is a bolt you can take off the firewall in the engine compartment to drop the fuse box down to the floor.

Just folllow the wiring harness to where it runs through the firewall, and you'll see where there is a bracket with a bolt holding everything in place.

1> yes

disconnect battery, remove the bolt behind the driver's side valvecover, remove the bolt that goes through the harnes. pull on the harness plug till it comes apart. squeeze the tab and push the connector into the car it should fall to the ground

sweet thanks guys. i knew there had to be something, it's just dark and rainy here, but i wanted to be prepared. i knew there was no way you were really supposed to have to change fuses completely blind.

I used to do the upside down thing too, with my feet hanging over the head rest. Then in the process of removing all the wiring from the car I discovered how easy it would have been to do what the other's have said and unbold it from the engine compartment and drop it down. Oh well, a nice Painless fues box is in the engine compartment now and is so very much nicer.

Chances are it's a fuse for the dash lights.

hahahaha I just figured something was messed up and I haven't even tried that :slams head into wall: that's hilarious.

Well, on a good note, I did drive the car today... just down the street and back, still have to replace the thermostat. But it felt good to finally drive her.

And as for the fuse box, I think she'll definitely be getting a relocated one. That thing sucks. I didn't drop it, I finally got the flasher out with a pair of pliers. I'm pretty small, and it's still a complete pita.