moving the engine rearward ?

Ive been searching the forum & trying to google info on moving the engine rearward. If anyone has info, pics, web links, or track results of how moving the engine back has helped performance, please post them. Please post parts used & how far back the engine was moved. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Ive been searching the forum & trying to google info on moving the engine rearward. If anyone has info, pics, web links, or track results of how moving the engine back has helped performance, please post them. Please post parts used & how far back the engine was moved. Thanks

The only thing I've heard of is some of the K members have two different locations to put the motor mounts.

UPR also does it. It helps shift weight towards the rear of the car, which will help get the car on the tire. If you do this you may need to shorten the driveshaft and modify the transmission mount

it helps but you cant move it back to far so the gain isnt huge. think its along the same lines as moving the battery to the trunk

I was thinking there would have to be lots of mods to make it work. Shorter drive shaft, shorter exhaust, engine mount mods, trans mount mods, firewall & trans tunel mods, steering linkage might get in the way of the exhaust, maybe oil pan clearance issues. Thanks for the tips on Kmembers guys.

UPR also does it. It helps shift weight towards the rear of the car, which will help get the car on the tire. If you do this you may need to shorten the driveshaft and modify the transmission mount

Mine is on a UPR K-member and is using a stock length FMS aluminum D/S. I made no midification to the tranny mount either.

Thanks for the tips guys. I looked at the UPR K members on their site and it was mentioned that they move the wheels 3/4 to 1" forward and may cause tire/fender clearance issues. I run a 165/85/R15 up front. Have any of you ran into an issue with this?

Thanks for the tips guys. I looked at the UPR K members on their site and it was mentioned that they move the wheels 3/4 to 1" forward and may cause tire/fender clearance issues. I run a 165/85/R15 up front. Have any of you ran into an issue with this?

I have a UPR and my wheels are in the stock location

Mine is on a UPR K-member and is using a stock length FMS aluminum D/S. I made no midification to the tranny mount either.

Which engine position did you use? There are two slots to drop the engine in on mine and i am using the stock location and my TKO is at the end of the crossmember mount as it sits, it could not go any further back. My driveshaft is also on the tailhousing, but that is because my rear is not squared

Ok, I got the impression that you were saying that the engine could not be put in the stock location with the UPR K-member.

To the OP, I think the fender clearance issues are supposed to be on a '90 and older. If I'm not mistaken, the '91s and newer had slightly different front wheel wells. But with your smaller tires, and based on 90lx's response, I don't think you'll have an issue