Dan P. said:
Mike, do I sense a little aggression towards someone? :jester:

Heres a few Myth pics

attachment.php

attachment.php
:worship: :worship: :worship: :drool:

• Sponsors (?)

Anlushac11 said:
I dont remember the exact context of the argument but when I told someone about my 140mph speedo a guy called me a liar and said Ford never making such a thing. My argument was according to an article in Ford High Performance magazine back around '84-'85 that instead of designing a speedo from scratch Ford took the 140mph speedo from the Police package parts bins and relabelled them and shipped them out as Ford Motorsport parts. When I described this the guy told me I was full of crap. He also said the 140 mph Ford Motorsports speedos didnt say Ford Motorsports on the front

I sitting here as we speak holding my 140mph speedo in my grubby little paws. The P/N is: E5ZM-17265-A.

And it says right below the trip odometer Ford Motorsport.

I bought the speedo originally to go into my 79 Capri with the 302 but never put it in. I bought it back around 1986 and back then it cost me about $145

'86 Motorsports Catalog

-pt#M-17255-A 0-140mph or 0-230kph speedo to fit 79-82 Capri/stang
-pt#M-17255-B same as above to fit 83-86
-pt#M-17255-D same as above to fit 85-86 T-bird/Cougar
........none of the pics appear to have the "Motorsports" label.

HD

Stinger said:
Yeah...I saw the pics he posted...why is it never actually installed on an engine in any pics? Has he considered getting a company to "copy" it? 285hp at 10psi would be bad ass...
Stinger
The SVOCA board member that owns it is Lee Clary. Here are some pics of Lee's head I found on some guy's website :
dohccombchamber.jpg

dohcfront.jpg

dohcexhaust.jpg

dohcexhapart.jpg

dohcintake.jpg

dohcintakeapart.jpg

dohcfrontcorner.jpg

I also found another guy who modified a 16v dohc volvo head. He even rearranged the VOLVO emblem and stuck an "S" on there in a poor attempt to recreate that '87 protype valve cover.
Pics posted here

(&) said:
You're talking about prototypes here. 3 were made. It might as well have not existed, because it is NOT an option. Therefore, the 16v head is a myth. I just had a guy the other day tell me I could put a 16v head on the SVO. I was like, um, ok, whatever.

www.merkurencyclopedia.com
(I can't get the full link to work but this well get you started, the rest is : /Motor/4valve_cylinder_head.html )

Tis link talks about this.

The cool thing was Jack Roush was called in to help do them and he has one still, but I'm sure its not for sell. :nice:

Ford decided to drop them and I guess focus on the 5.0L instead, also this may be where Jacks Roush, pretty much gets envloved in making his Roush Mustangs, but not sure.

93ConvertibleLX said:
The SVOCA board member that owns it is Lee Clary. Here are some pics of Lee's head I found on some guy's website :
dohccombchamber.jpg

It's kinda funny to think, that head coulda changed a lot. I mean the little import craze we see now is cause all these people bought decently quick little honda's that got great gas mileage. Who woulda wanted a import 4cyl when such an amazing ford DOHC completely outclasses it.

True, fords thinking...Who would want a 4 cyl american muscle car? Big means fast, and since a v8 is big, and sounds big, it is the only thing worth focusing on for the Mustang. Of course they paid for that mistake when honduh and every other company sold zillions of 4 bangers that were/are eating the esscort, tempo, focus (not so much any more) alive....oh well atleast some people understand a muscle car is more than just a v8. :flag: