My LS1 Notch Project (DUW)

• Sponsors (?)

Numbles said:

lol you should make one.. see there reactions.. personalyl i don't really care what you do with it.. its your car.. your choice.. at the same time.. you should expect negative and malice comments of some degree..

ok some othere red neck with a mustang,let me gust you found a chevy motor that looked ingood shape so you bout it and had not chevy to put it in,so you turned on your fox you must like Dale Earnhardt sir. and jr. too.

That is a waste of a good notch.Not to mention a disgrace to Mustang fans.If you guys love the LS1 so much then go buy a camaro or firebird.Ford engines go in Ford vehicles.And Chevy engines go in Chevy vehicles not that hard to understand.:notnice:

MustangMan302 said:
That is a waste of a good notch.Not to mention a disgrace to Mustang fans.If you guys love the LS1 so much then go buy a camaro or firebird.Ford engines go in Ford vehicles.And Chevy engines go in Chevy vehicles not that hard to understand.:notnice:
try telling that to all the hot rodders in the world. I don't know how many ford deuce coupes have 350's in them.

manny said:
ok some othere red neck with a mustang,let me gust you found a chevy motor that looked ingood shape so you bout it and had not chevy to put it in,so you turned on your fox you must like Dale Earnhardt sir. and jr. too.

ummmmmm, what? I don't think he was offended by this as he probably couldn't even read. it

I applaud you on your completion and what looks to be a fine car. Gotta love a 350 in lt-1 trim. I remember seeing one in a rx7...... wicked. Should make for a fun ride. I didn't know you couldn't be a car lover and own a mustang.... hmmmmm oh well. I guess there are only a few of us. Good luck with the rest of the build and post some videos up. Maybe get a window sticker that says "powered by Chevy." I swear you'll make even more friends on here LOL! when you get a chance post up some build up notes. I would be interested as well.

MustangMan302 said:

Stupidest comment so far.

Numbles, I think what you are doing is awesome. Get some videos when you get it done.

Numbles said:
Flame away brother.

What sets your mustang apart from the pack. A hoodstripe and cobra r's:shrug:

Which one :shrug:

Actually I dont have a car with a hood strype on it... unless you count the radio controlled car I chase the cat with... it's a Nikko. I was thinking about changing it's motor out with a Tyco. :nice:

HoodStrype said:
Which one :shrug:

Actually I dont have a car with a hood strype on it... unless you count the radio controlled car I chase the cat with... it's a Nikko. I was thinking about changing it's motor out with a Tyco. :nice:

Watch out ive heard those nikko kids are hardcore. Dont you know man, your messing with your life.

Because of the wiring harness on the ls1. If I were to do that the wires for the MAF and air temp sensor wont reach. I could cut them and extend them because they are signal wires and not 0-5v type sensors. But thats a project for another day. No more wiring from me this month. Im driving the car asap and thats already done. No need to tear into it.

mackey said:
Stupidest comment so far.

Numbles, I think what you are doing is awesome. Get some videos when you get it done.

stupidest comments so far huh?:Zip2:Why because i think Ford cars should only be powered by Ford engines.I mean you don't see chevy guys put Ford engines in Camaro's.Even if someone did every Chevy guy would call him a complete idiot.But when someone put's a chevy engine in a Mustang you guys like it?Why go through the trouble of swapping in an LS1 instead of building a 331/347or a 351W based engine.so much for loving the 5.0,Fords,or Mustangs all together you guys who like Numble's swap aren't true Ford or Mustang fans.

MustangMan302 said:
stupidest comments so far huh?:Zip2:Why because i think Ford cars should only be powered by Ford engines.I mean you don't see chevy guys put Ford engines in Camaro's.Even if someone did every Chevy guy would call him a complete idiot.But when someone put's a chevy engine in a Mustang you guys like it?Why go through the trouble of swapping in an LS1 instead of building a 331/347or a 351W based engine.so much for loving the 5.0,Fords,or Mustangs all together you guys who like Numble's swap aren't true Ford or Mustang fans.

people have been making mixed breed vehicles for as long as I can remember...

His car, his money, his time, he's the one that has to be seen driving it..would i do a project like this? More than likely...not...If you are a purist, DO NOT buy any performance parts from anyone other than FRPP!!

Props on having the balls to do this and post it on this site..:SNSign:

88gt said:
people have been making mixed breed vehicles for as long as I can remember...

His car, his money, his time, he's the one that has to be seen driving it..would i do a project like this? More than likely...not...If you are a purist, DO NOT buy any performance parts from anyone other than FRPP!!

Props on having the balls to do this and post it on this site..:SNSign:

Well aftermarket performence parts are ok because they are really just redesigned versions of Ford parts.And my opinion is just that Ford engines go in Ford's and so on.I think that if Numble's really wanted an LS1 powered car he should of bought a Camaro,'Vette,or Firebird instead of making a mixed breed notch.Like i said before if someone put a Ford engine in a Camaro every Chevy guy would dislike the car but it doesn't seem that way when a Ford guy makes a Chevy powered Mustang.

MustangMan302 said:
Well aftermarket performence parts are ok because they are really just redesigned versions of Ford parts. And my opinion is just that Ford engines go in Ford's and so on.I think that if Numble's really wanted an LS1 powered car he should of bought a Camaro,'Vette,or Firebird instead of making a mixed breed notch.Like i said before if someone put a Ford engine in a Camaro every Chevy guy would dislike the car but it doesn't seem that way when a Ford guy makes a Chevy powered Mustang.

This is just because ford motors dont even compare to chevy motors $ for $ or stock for stock. No chevy guy in their right mind would put a 302 in their ls1 car because it would make them slower.

The whole point of this swap is getting a 6-speed, stock like drivability that would otherwise be a modified motored setup out of a 302. Lighter weight.

Other then being brand biased. the only point you mention is stroking out the motor or going to a 351. And even those type combinations are still lacking when it comes to performance on a budget. A stroked out 302 on a budget will only put down about 350-370 rwhp. That what an ls1 motor will do with just exhaust and a pully.

And the swap was cheaper then going turbo. Not to mention the dart block I would have to buy. And If I wanted an aluminum dart block to put me at about the same weight as the ls1 in the notch thats 4k before buying a rotating assembly or making your own turbo kit. If you really want to save money. But 2k if you go with the iron one.

No go open the lastest MMFF and count how many turbo stangs there are. All that money spend and alls you do is blend with all the other turbo stangs.

Im not flaming you buddy just making a point for arguments sake.

Numbles said:
This is just because ford motors dont even compare to chevy motors $ for $ or stock for stock. No chevy guy in their right mind would put a 302 in their ls1 car because it would make them slower.

The whole point of this swap is getting a 6-speed, stock like drivability that would otherwise be a modified motored setup out of a 302. Lighter weight.

Other then being brand biased. the only point you mention is stroking out the motor or going to a 351. And even those type combinations are still lacking when it comes to performance on a budget. A stroked out 302 on a budget will only put down about 350-370 rwhp. That what an ls1 motor will do with just exhaust and a pully.

And the swap was cheaper then going turbo. Not to mention the dart block I would have to buy. And If I wanted an aluminum dart block to put me at about the same weight as the ls1 in the notch thats 4k before buying a rotating assembly or making your own turbo kit. If you really want to save money. But 2k if you go with the iron one.

No go open the lastest MMFF and count how many turbo stangs there are. All that money spend and alls you do is blend with all the other turbo stangs.

:owned:

Numbles said:

Hey sorry about the hard core flame... I cringe at the idea but your car :shrug:

I had a late night encounter with Bacardi that night... you'd think I'd have learned :)

Numbles said:
This is just because ford motors dont even compare to chevy motors $ for $ or stock for stock.

They do when you stay in the same genre, like comparing a Chevy 305 (which was put there to compete with the 302) and you have an engine that can't touch a 302. You're comparing 349ci to 302...it has NOTHING to do with Chevy vs. Ford....what happens when you put a 351 up against a 305? It's no contest when you're talking about more cubes, LS1 or not. You're trying to justify your decision by downgrading Ford engine. If you're not into Fords then why even start with a Mustang?

I'll give you an B- for being creative, but this is about as far from original as a turbo setup is. People have been putting Chevy engines in Fox bodies since '79 when the Fox hit the streets. If you saw my post earlier about this, the guy i know who did it did his swap back in '99, and it was still old news then.

My point is, if you're going to make an argument, you need to stick to the facts, like you did it to be cheap and save money, not because the LS1 is so superior to every Ford engine. If that's what you think then there are about 100k members on this forum who might argue against it, so having a solid point to argue is a good idea.

If you wanna be original, try putting a Duramax diesel or something in yoru car, lol.

Numbles said:

Well if Chevy motors are so great then why not buy an LS1 'vette,Camro,or Firebird.It just doesnt make any sense that you think Chevy motors are so great yet you drive a Ford seriously if you like the LS1 thenyou should of sold your notch and bought an LS1 powered car.