Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

So I call aeromotive Tuesday. That makes a week they have my pump with no call .

I get a text from them saying its in que to be tested and I'll be contacted once they do .

Today still not hearing from them I call up after receiving a ups alert from the same number that customer support texted me from Tuesday. Generic computer sending number I guess . Well the tracking shows its coming back from where I sent it from heavier . Which means it's obviously in their packaging . They are on central time but I never received a call back .

I haven't sent them a dollar . Did they warranty it ? Tell me to go ef myself ?

Would be nice to know . Would've been nice to have it back today to take the car to nicks tomorrow too ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So tossing alot of ideas around as the car is close to being in a state where i can call it done.
Once the brakes are in and that swap is complete whats left?

Well it needs a bar. Its no secret . The car is decently quick . Enough to where it would need a 6 point. I may have not said it out loud but basically my goal is to stay completely street car and some day turn over a low 9 sec high 8.9x pass with the swap of my wheels . Weather that's achieved stick or auto ? Who knows. With a YSI - definitely. Needing the TFS 205 11rs? maybe. Nick and i have spoke many times and for sure with bigger injectors, YSI, And the fast xfi we think ican make over 700 at the tire on pump gas.

But i need a bar at the minimum. A 6 point Well im already half way there. I think im sold on just doing a 10 pt with swing outs and calling it a day. Im not limited on how fast i can go with it for a street car any way. I want to have the cross bar in the main hoop bent so that the seat doesn't have to sit straight up and be uncomfortable. Still be able to drive it anywhere but be able to run at any track any test and tune and not worry about being hassled. Most of all not worry about my safety if god forbid the worst was ever to happen.

Thats where my head is at. Really more about being safe then anything else. Any input is welcomed here for anyone who still reads this mess. :lol:

@84Ttop

Reactions: 8 users
My ONLY hesitation with doing a Main hoop and making my overdone 8pt into a legit 10pt cage is what happens in an accident without a helmet on. As you'd most likely be in a car that gets driven as much as yours.
I know thousands of people do it without issue, and maybe it's unwarranted but it's stopped me from doing it myself for the time being. I'm definitely going to tackle swing outs here soon though because it's a big pain in the ass to get in and out of without a front bar to hold onto.

Also ysi+auto trans= :drool:

My ONLY hesitation with doing a Main hoop and making my overdone 8pt into a legit 10pt cage is what happens in an accident without a helmet on. As you'd most likely be in a car that gets driven as much as yours.
I know thousands of people do it without issue, and maybe it's unwarranted but it's stopped me from doing it myself for the time being. I'm definitely going to tackle swing outs here soon though because it's a big pain in the ass to get in and out of without a front bar to hold onto.

Also ysi+auto trans= :drool:

I agree and i would pad it around me after the cage is painted. I have the same thought path as you though in that regard.

Im so torn on the auto. I hear conflicting stories of being able to down shift even a full manual while moving and being able to just stab it and go. I also need headers cuz the bbk is gonna be a night mare with a AOD. It would either be an aod or a 4r70. Both would be full manual . Electronic OD. With a brake.

Reactions: 1 user
I know with a turbo 400 you're not supposed to downshift until you've slowed to a crawl and you're supposed to finish your burnout in second gear. Also not supposed to shift out of 3rd until you've slowed down after a pass. Unless you've got a certain setup, clean neutral they call it maybe? Something about overspinning the forward drum and rpm multiplication making it a whirly bird of death.
I've got a super lacking understanding of autos lol but am trying to pick up before I grenade my new transmission.
I'm not sure what all applies to other autos but I would imagine they're all the same basic layout. I was unaware of this with my first th400 and it survived :shrug:

I've been out of the game a while are c4s not cool anymore?
Edit: I skipped right around that whole wanting OD thing

Last edited:
You are way faster than me, but a cage has been at the forefront of my thoughts lately too. I think we downplay how fast our cars have gotten to. None of use want to hit a retaining wall on the interstate at interstate speeds, yet we will drive 50mph+ over those speeds at the strip without care.

Definitely do the cage, and I am all about the swing outs for a street car.

Joe

I can't convince myself to go auto. I have one here but I think I'm going to sell it just because it's a street car and I'm always going to be a stick guy. I think you'd miss it too.

I know with a turbo 400 you're not supposed to downshift until you've slowed to a crawl and you're supposed to finish your burnout in second gear. Also not supposed to shift out of 3rd until you've slowed down after a pass. Unless you've got a certain setup, clean neutral they call it maybe? Something about overspinning the forward drum and rpm multiplication making it a whirly bird of death.
I've got a super lacking understanding of autos lol but am trying to pick up before I grenade my new transmission.
I'm not sure what all applies to other autos but I would imagine they're all the same basic layout. I was unaware of this with my first th400 and it survived :shrug:

I've been out of the game a while are c4s not cool anymore?
Edit: I skipped right around that whole wanting OD thing

Yeah I need the over drive . I need to retain full street car status . I know people preach that a lot but I am super serious about it .

You are way faster than me, but a cage has been at the forefront of my thoughts lately too. I think we downplay how fast our cars have gotten to. None of use want to hit a retaining wall on the interstate at interstate speeds, yet we will drive 50mph+ over those speeds at the strip without care.

Definitely do the cage, and I am all about the swing outs for a street car.

Joe
Exactly man . You hit the nail right on the head . These cars are not the strongest built cars either . I've been in accidents with them . I've been hit head on in one . All of those cars made less then half what mine does now. I want to be able to walk away from anything God forbid

I can't convince myself to go auto. I have one here but I think I'm going to sell it just because it's a street car and I'm always going to be a stick guy. I think you'd miss it too.

I feel that way too to an extent . This is serious real world problems here !!! Lmao

Reactions: 3 users

I feel that way too to an extent . This is serious real world problems here !!! Lmao

I'm in that same boat. Was going to use my tko at least until I could afford a t56, but now I see that the Holley dominator can control a 4r70w and it's making me debate going that way assuming I can get one built to handle 700hp. But it would almost make things too easy.

Reactions: 1 users
Have you driven a manually shifted auto? Or do you have any way of driving one in someone else's car?
I think you'd like it a lot more than you'd think. I can understand wanting to stay with a stick though

Have you driven a manually shifted auto? Or do you have any way of driving one in someone else's car?
I think you'd like it a lot more than you'd think. I can understand wanting to stay with a stick though

Yeah I have a few offers to let me drive cars with them I plan on taking up as well . I've been in them just never driven one .

Jeff rode with me in mine when we were at all out automotive I was really close to converting him to auto and turbo lol I think there's a pic floating around here of him outside of it lmao and @TOOLOW91 you gotta remember my block is getting replaced so I won't be out at all until march or April of next year lol

Jeff rode with me in mine when we were at all out automotive I was really close to converting him to auto and turbo lol I think there's a pic floating around here of him outside of it lmao and @TOOLOW91 you gotta remember my block is getting replaced so I won't be out at all until march or April of next year lol

44570a34ff65cb1d8ba8b681a25e2348.jpg

Vortech FTW

Reactions: 4 users