My new heap. Another ugly coupe

• Sponsors (?)

get one of those truck bed trailers and tow that. lol. i would **** myself if i saw a 67 tow a trailer with only a jack and wheels in it + maybe a few tools to change tires and run the kind of et's you are aiming for. you could never dispute the streetability of a ride like that.

get one of those truck bed trailers and tow that. lol. i would **** myself if i saw a 67 tow a trailer with only a jack and wheels in it + maybe a few tools to change tires and run the kind of et's you are aiming for. you could never dispute the streetability of a ride like that.

I have thought about it seriously. Of course I was laughed at, but still not out of the question. Even if I end up towing it to the track because I have too much crap to bring, that's OK. It's streetability could be argued, but I plan to drive the thing a lot. I used to drive my car about 4 times a week to work before I had to start taking the boy to day care. Hopefully when it's quieter inside momma won't care if I take him to school in it.

that would be a sight to never forget, pull up to a ricer and blow em away while pulling a trailer :rlaugh:

I have thought about it seriously. Of course I was laughed at, but still not out of the question. Even if I end up towing it to the track because I have too much crap to bring, that's OK. It's streetability could be argued, but I plan to drive the thing a lot. I used to drive my car about 4 times a week to work before I had to start taking the boy to day care. Hopefully when it's quieter inside momma won't care if I take him to school in it.

im in the same boat my boy is 3 months old, she said kid cant ride in it unless its half way quiet.

Carrying slicks in one of these cars is not easy. My 26x8.5 slicks were about as big as I could fit in the backseat. Anything taller would have been out. It was a relief when I got my drag radials. Not only did I not have to change tires at the track, but I could leave the small floorjack at home too. That freed up space for a small generator and a box fan to cool the engine. My car would slow down exactly one tenth if I hot lapped it. If guys can go 6's on radials, you should be able to go 8's. Calvert Racing - The Leader in Leaf Spring Innovation

I agree to a point. But on those days when those guys run those times the track is drug and re-sprayed between each round during a competition.

There is a guy here locally that runs a 10.5w tire that says I can experiment with his car. Thinking very seriously about building him a torque arm to directly compare to his caltrac times. They are AWESOME traction for building without mods, and for leafs for gods sakes lol. But I think this has more IC's and a lift point on the car farther forward than leafs.

if its a street car what kind of tools should you plan on carrying? Where I'm from the term street car usually meant it was reliable and didnt need parts. A set of ET streets could go on the car before you drive to the track and a small tool kit is what we would usually bring, but then again I'm about 4 seconds slower than you plan on running at this point :)

I now take my 20 month old in my car.She's been riding in it for about 4 months.The sound/vibration knocks her out.....................or it could be pig rich and the fumes giving her a nice nap:shrug:

lol it will be a while before my car is finished. and according to the wife he will be old enough to get in himself before he goes for rides in it. so i wont have to worry about that. do these cars even come with rear seat belts? or am i going to have to fab up some mounting points for them? honestly i have never thought about that until just now lol

some of you guys on here have sweet rides, i love checking out all the restored mods everyone comes up with, i hope mine turns out half as nice as some of the members of this site. my hats off to you guys :flag:

if its a street car what kind of tools should you plan on carrying? Where I'm from the term street car usually meant it was reliable and didnt need parts. A set of ET streets could go on the car before you drive to the track and a small tool kit is what we would usually bring, but then again I'm about 4 seconds slower than you plan on running at this point :)

Eh, the et streets are cool, but even the sunlight breaks down the rubber. Not wanting tools to carry in case of breaking down....but if I want to make changes, it would be nice to be able to set pinion angle after an IC change. I don't make pass after pass hoping it gets faster without changes like I see a lot of people at the track.
Looks like the primaries are going to be 2in.

By the time thing runs my son may be able to sign his own waiver to get in the car. :nonono:

Waiting for a call back to order the AC today.

Been getting stuff done.But been pretty busy for pics. Got my link bar lifters and shaft mounts are being made right now at Crower. A box of various 2in SS bends, and the AC kit in. Got the new "fly by wire" deal from vintage the day it came out. No more cables !!! Got lucky with that one. Didn't even know it was coming out lol.Got the valve covers and new COP setup in and mocking it up to see where to place the stands for the brackets and what not. Got some more headers and kits to make before I really have any free time to work on this heap. But hopefully one of these days.

copvg.jpg

Got the car on the table. Just need to get it to ride height and start the qrtrs.
Yes, the shop is a disaster right now.Too many cars and too many parts.

caronjigtable.jpg

Got the car on the table. Just need to get it to ride height and start the qrtrs.
Yes, the shop is a disaster right now.Too many cars and too many parts.

caronjigtable.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Here's to hoping that's a good problem!! I admire your work! :nice:

Thanx 88GT.Yeah, it's a good problem. But sometimes the dust settles and you look around and wonder how it got so damn messy.

Getting somewhere. At least a little bit of instant gratification. Got the car up to it's aprox ride height by comparing other cars at the shop, then started the driver qrtr. Actually putting '68 qrtrs on instead of 67. Cheaper, bonus. But I wanted to shave the fins anyways, so this save me a good bit of work also.

Trick if you can save it is to leave the little amount right in the door jam. That way you can't screw up the height or depth of the qrtr in the front. Plus the repops don't have the same edges. Now when you open the door, it won't be easy to spot a qrtr replacement.
driverskin2.jpg

driverskin.jpg

Actually pretty impressed so far with the fit. Much better than the panels I was doing,...damn, about 12 years ago.
Only looks like I'll have to split and narrow a little of the body line at the back of the trunk right now. Nice at the window but comes in narrow to fast at the back.

dvrqtrfirstfit.jpg

Got the COP mounted
copn.jpg

Thought ahead and glad I got the after market AC/heater box. Only a few lines to come out of the firewall rather than a big ass motor.
cop2l.jpg

Getting a bit ahead of myself. I haven't welded the car down or measured it yet to make sure it's straight. But I wanted to see the drive train in there to get ideas. Think I figured out the header mess that's going in there.Even with no towers it's going to be really tight.Gonna be really long primaries for a turbo setup. Definitely going with motor plates though. I need the room, I really would like 3.5 duals.

Sending out money for the EFI this week and figured out how I'm going to set up to dual sync. I'll have a stub of a "distributor" modified out of an Explorer. I just need to pick up the crank trigger from one also. Should be nice a reliable.