My official progress thread

• Sponsors (?)

UPDATE

Well its been a while but i finally got the 373's installed and rebuilt rear back from the shop...

installed 373 gears, new diff cover and my new upr upper and lower control arms with grade 8 bolts. Gonna paint the rear also with a few coats of undercoat
2e3mq03.jpg

2mpl8n4.jpg

2qi9so4.jpg

Hopefully when i get some extra money i can buy the springs and shocks and get that bad boy installed...

Oh and does anyone know how to push the axle bishings without the bushing tool?? The guy pressed them in to far...i didnt reliazse it till i got it home ...??

Attachments

• 2e3mq03.jpg
    2e3mq03.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 2qi9so4.jpg
    2qi9so4.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 2mpl8n4.jpg
    2mpl8n4.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 54
Well today the MM bushing tool was delivered by the brown man......
bebsw6.jpg

And here are the bushings in the right spot after the shop pushed them in to far....
2u3w0sx.jpg

And the new brake hose to the body....
1zqf2v7.jpg

Gonna pick up the brake lines and bend them up tomorow....
INstall commin very soon...stay tuned

I need to repaint the diff cover too

Well everyone i worked on the car today.....I got the rearend installed.
Also got the driveshaft installed..I Still need some parts before its done but the hard part is done..its in.... Muscled the rearend myself..installed myself....i recommend gettin help if anyone attempts this.
On with the Pics

2l8ggb8.jpg

295pflj.jpg

x2jo1v.jpg

More pics to come......I still need to buy shocks, quad shocks,and a new sway bar.....but the hard part is done....once its complete im gonna hit the rearend with some paint from me scratching all the paint off

lookin good so far man! what kind of shocks/struts are you gonna go with? those are the same control arms i have, they work well. :nice: as far as the grease, energy suspension sells a lube called formula 5 prelube. you should be able to get it at your local autozone or whatever in the random energy suspension section.

Thanxs.....Im goin with Strange Engineering 10 Way adjustable shocks and struts.Yeah the upr control arms are very good quality...Its gonna be a totally different ride.