My quest to an 11 second car

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have anyone to go to the track with and hold my stock wheels. I'll get to my goal without slicks. ;p

I've driven 80 miles to the track on 15" ET Drags, ran a 10 second run in the 1/4th, got kicked out for not having a cage, then drove 80 miles back home. You don't need anyone to hold your wheels. If you don't like that idea there are these new things called Drag Radials. Get you a set of Hoosier ones and have fun.

im on ****ty D/R's im going to use these ****ty D/R's to get to my goal and be done with that. thanks for the info! but id rather just use what i have. I just posted this to show what i have done to my car and where im at. again thanks for the info but i know how to get to low 11's easy. just more fun to do it on crappy D/R's ;p

Man you should get a set of mickey thompson drag radials. Those things stick like crazzzzy! My buddy has a foxbody and he put some of those on and tried to do a burnout a failed miserably lol!!! He revved it to about 4 grand and dropped the clutch and the car was wanting to bog out bc they stuck so good. Im sure it wasnt the best for his rearend either lol

That's hauling some ass. If you have reached your goal, that's good, but if you want to go faster than that, get some slicks, or a better set of drag radials. I always chain my street tires to the fence when I run the slicks. It works good. Wouldn't hurt to give that tranny a little more hell in the shifts too. If you can get your short time down to 1.7, you could probably get it down to 11.4 judging by your mph. You would probably drop down to a 120 or 119mph.

Kurt

Thank you guys! Good to hear some positive feedback :D it stayed in the 11's all night! yes i agree i must do something about my 60' 11.5 is my new goal ;p and i wouldnt be too against getting a roll bar set up going. but for now its good to get that goal out of the way! Its cool that i didnt have to remove anything from the car yet so that could be an option. Thanks again guys!

I considered an anti-roll bar, but I decided it wasn't necessary. Once I went to a 165 tire up front for the track, it didn't have any problems staying straight. I've never sprayed it with the skinnes up front, but there is only about a 9 mph difference (Damn NOS solenoids). I did put a set of airbags in the rear springs to help with the launch. It's a cheap fix that works real well. When I ran an 11.5 six years ago, I did it with big tires up front, so I ended up having to let out just before the traps. I was under the impression that an anti-roll bar fixed all these problems, but skinnier tires, and airbags did the trick. Going to an anti-roll bar really cuts into the cars driveability.

Kurt

got a little better last night ;p I'm 255E

jeffsfastestrun.jpg

Racing a 67 mustang, he was pretty fast! I will have a video of that later. Someone filmed it and is putting it up in a few days.