Need STANGNET opinion on new car

• Sponsors (?)

i say S-197. a 50k mile 2003 car just isn't worth 23-24+ IMO. I'd be happy finding an 05 w/ 15-19k miles for 19.5k with a warrenty then putting a centi on it down the road. 420hp is not hard in these cars, so it's not like the cobra has the total advantage of power w/ a roots blower and being 4-5k more expensive more milage and older.

Edit: oh, and that S-197 is a manual

go with the S197. i went from an 01 GT to a 07 Gt and there is absolutely no comparison in the ride and handling of the two. The cobra is a car that impresses for sure , and it is a better car than any stock GT out there, but if you put the money you are saving when you buy the 05 back into the car you will not regret the decision.

Test drive an 05+ see how you like it, I've been in S197's and my experience is:

Pros

1. Has a newer platform which is stiffer
2. Better flowing heads, less stress on the motor when FI

Cons

1. I don't like how the interior is, it looks like you're sitting in a box
2. The body style is way too bloated, like a 67 mustang got fat on bon-bons and unemployment

The engine and it's aftermarket is selling the car from what I see

You guys are great, I just got back from testing the cobra and 05 gt..

Cobra = Smaller Pulley Comes with the XCAL2, had catted H pipe with what looks like magna packs, sub frame connectors, 3:90s, CF stage 2, H&R springs, not much of a drop but enough.... stills has all reciepts from labor work and installs done on the car, Overall SHE HALLS AZZ and i like fast...one down fall all that means she was beat on ! =(

05GT = 3:73s, stock midpipe with flows 40's, K&N intake with tune, not sure what kind, Full touch screen stereo system, very clean, looks like some mid 40's driver had it not a scratch or dent. very very clean BUT NOT A COBRA !

AWWWWWWW im going insane. I have 2 weeks to decided... And I cant make up my mind

By the way Ive never been in a Cobra with a SC, the wine brought tears to my eyes !

Cobra = Smaller Pulley Comes with the XCAL2, had catted H pipe with what looks like magna packs, sub frame connectors, 3:90s, CF stage 2, H&R springs, not much of a drop but enough.... stills has all reciepts from labor work and installs done on the car, Overall SHE HALLS AZZ and i like fast...one down fall all that means she was beat on ! =(

05GT = 3:73s, stock midpipe with flows 40's, K&N intake with tune, not sure what kind, Full touch screen stereo system, very clean, looks like some mid 40's driver had it not a scratch or dent. very very clean BUT NOT A COBRA !

AWWWWWWW im going insane. I have 2 weeks to decided... And I cant make up my mind

By the way Ive never been in a Cobra with a SC, the wine brought tears to my eyes !

I love ths s-197 platform and the new car feel, but i gotta admit. If you have a cobra that definitely means next time im in sac i'm calling you up :D (Already callin up Epik)

The S197 is a better car from every perspective. It may not pack the punch that the Cobra does, but that can easily be remedied. The '03-'04 Cobra's are great cars, but the S197's are just that much better. :nice:

Test drive is the ONLY way to find what works for you. I test drove an 05...back in 05 haha...and although it was a MUCH better car (quality, ride, handling, braking, ect) I didnt like it :shrug: . My car was MAYBE just as fast back then, but mine FELT faster. I felt like I was in a luxury sedan with the 05...like a remote pilot. I just couldnt FEEL what the car was doing.

For someone just checking out stangs, they would go with the 05 GT....but for someone like me who likes to be "one" with the car...99-04 fo life baby!

Go Cobra all the way....The 05+ dont do it 4 me unless your talkin about saleen, GT500, or the bad@SS saleen parnelli jones stang....The only way they look good to me is if u do some appearance mods because stock they are too big & boring....

i feel u about the blower whine being intoxicating, plus the IRS rides sooooooo nice on the streets.....

Heres a nice one locally....Kinda pricey though....

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=052333#000000

ya dustin the one I found was on riverside in roseville, its the white one, I could take it for 20,000 grand the guy said, So I might be rolling a white cobra this weekend ! Its just the miles that are killing me ! 53,XXX

ya dustin the one I found was on riverside in roseville, its the white one, I could take it for 20,000 grand the guy said, So I might be rolling a white cobra this weekend ! Its just the miles that are killing me ! 53,XXX

Ha ha this is wierd i was looking at cobras today on autotrader i liked the white one also check out the dark red one its like 20000 with 40000 miles i think. :nice:

I would get the cobra without thinking about it twice. I dont see how they even compete with one another cobra FTW