New 98 GT! (no 56k)

stangGT97

Dec 22, 2004
Boston area, MA
Hey all,

I'm back from the dead and I now have a 98 GT to call my own. I had to sell my '97 back at the end of 2006 so I could buy a winter vehicle (Jeep). As things worked out, now I can afford both :nice:

Picked it up bone stock, 60k miles, bought it off a 70yr old guy who put 6K miles on it over 2 years. The guy who owned it before him was a 60yr old lawyer. The only problem it had was a sticky IAC, which I replaced, then did plugs, wires, fuel filter and put in a K&N (you should have seen the old filter! :eek: ) While I was at it I ripped out the terrible stock radio and put in a Pioneer DEH-P5100UB (sounds great), and picked up a nifty trim piece that fills in the spot where the CD player used to sit (from Late model restoration supply).

07092009003.jpg

07092009004.jpg

07092009015.jpg

07092009007.jpg

07092009008.jpg

07092009009.jpg

07092009010.jpg

07092009012.jpg

07092009014.jpg

07092009016.jpg

07092009018.jpg

07092009020.jpg

No real plans for it right now. It still has the plastic intake so I'll be throwing a PI intake with aluminum crossover onto it sometime soon. Won't be lowering it either, I like the way it looks and it sure is nice being able to clear speed bumps!!

• Sponsors (?)

a short throw shifter is a must...you may like the 4x4 look but i will not allow you to live with the feel of a 4x4 shifter :nonono:

its a sports car, have some fun with it :nice:

it looks like its in great shape! we now gotta get your user name updated too! :nice:

awesome looking ride! I love that color. Is that the stock paint job?

Thanks bud - that is the stock paint job. Both previous owners took really good care of it. I also just put a good coat of Maguires wax on it because it finally stopped raining long enough for me to wash the car.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I need to hold off on modding for a while since I don't have a garage to work in. I'm thinking about the full PI swap, long tubes, catted x and bassani exhaust, with 4.10s in the rear - all somewhere down the road.

Thanks bud - that is the stock paint job. Both previous owners took really good care of it. I also just put a good coat of Maguires wax on it because it finally stopped raining long enough for me to wash the car.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I need to hold off on modding for a while since I don't have a garage to work in. I'm thinking about the full PI swap, long tubes, catted x and bassani exhaust, with 4.10s in the rear - all somewhere down the road.

Sounds like a good plan. One more thing is a must, full length subframe connectors. I just got mine on and :jaw: they really do make a huge difference.

thats why you need to get rid of the horse dong. it can be done in your driveway (or street) in a matter of 30-45 minutes with minimal tools.

if i recall all you need is:

socket wrench with an short extension. (a swivel socket makes it easierhelps too, but not nessacary)
razor blade
RTV sealant