New Air Pump arrived

4Jenna

Founding Member
Sep 12, 2001
AZ
100_1811.jpg

100_1813.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a big 88mm about a year ago. After seeing guys run in the 7's with it I realized with a goal of 9.11et that was abit overkill haha. I sold it and the 70mm that was on the car last month and got this one. It will bolt right up.
That 88mm woulda req'd lots of fab, 5" dp, large injs, and more.

This one is rated at 400hp more than my 70mm

The exh housing will likely take 8-9 hours to get smooth, they are a bear!
Once they are smooth i will get them ceramic coated, I think the smooth look makes it look that much better. Most didnt even notice I did it on my last turbo, but I sure did!

It will be a process like this, this was from the MP turbo when I did it

Almost done sanding, comparison pic from untouched housing I had

DSC02737.jpg

Then coated
meet11.jpg

sonic4.jpg

I also sanded the compressor side smooth, and all the lettering etc was gone so it didnt say MASTER POWER on it real big, then hand polished it to look chrome.

Only diff this time is I will coat both housings

Very nice! That does seem like a more reasonable turbo for your goal. What do you plan to trap?

Much more reasonable haha. I have seen guys go in the 8.70 range at 156-157 with this kind of turbo, but for an avg joe like me that will never happen. Alls I hope for is that 9.11et but even that is asking ALOT from this turbo. I would think the car will go 145-147mph no problem.

I never imagined high 9s on the MPT70, so I'm gonna keep at it!

-Chris

Looks great Chris!

Thanks man. I did alot the last few weeks, hoping it shows this season. I had 21% slip on my converter :nonono: so tightening that up should be worth abit, found a huge crack in my header, and the new turbo.
Other than that I plan to put it on a slick soon as these DR's are about done and start using the brake...I am so done with footbraking LOL

How is yours these days?

-Chris

Much more reasonable haha. I have seen guys go in the 8.70 range at 156-157 with this kind of turbo, but for an avg joe like me that will never happen. Alls I hope for is that 9.11et but even that is asking ALOT from this turbo. I would think the car will go 145-147mph no problem.

I never imagined high 9s on the MPT70, so I'm gonna keep at it!

-Chris

How many psi do you expect will be needed to achieve your goal time?