Fuel New Build Running Lean

Please HELP i'm at wits end. I have a boss block 363 with custom grind cam, afr 205 heads, 78 lb fuel injectors, pro m 98 mass air meter, trick flow type R intake, A-1000 fuel pump, 1.75 hooker headers, and i'm using the pro m efi computer that replaces the entire factory computer, vortech v-7 ysi with pulley that came with kit. Once I start the car it take about 2 mins for the headers to start glowing at a idle. I have retarded timing advanced timing and end up with same results. I made a injector cleaner and used carb cleaner to run through injectors, not sure if that could hurt them? I'll take any advice and thank you all i advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Where's your wideband Air/ fuel ratio indicator? ??

The color or heat coming from the exhaust headers is not a useable indication for air/fuel ratio. You spent $$$ on the engine ,where's the money to spend on instrumentation to get it to run properly?

Reactions: 1 user
Sequential or Batch fire?

Idling in the 15.2 range is not a problem, and definitely shouldn't cause glowing headers. Do you have 2 widebands or just 1? If two, do the readings match? If only one, have you tried swapping over to the other bank to see what kind of AFR you're seeing there?

Next, what is your idle timing set to? If it's too retarded, you might be sending a lot of unburned fuel mixture into the exhaust, which would have the effect you're seeing. Can you datalog and post it, here?

Reactions: 1 user