Electrical New Ignition Cylinder, In Positions, Won't Release Key.

• Sponsors (?)

It's all good bro, just glad you can take a fox for a ride!!!!
This'll actually be my first time, I really need to take all the thousands of tools out of the car, put back together the interior. and It'll be road ready.

The only pain is that I stall it out a ton on start up (im a nub at stick) because of the racing clutch that isn't even needed. The pedals really stiff, and just a huge pain. But hey, i'll get it to work:p

Final update on this thread! This is how my car encounter went down.
I opened the door and grabbed a hold of the ignition and key.
Pressed up that ugly white beast of a button.
Turned the key backwards and it clicked into the lock position.
The key slid out as easy as...,well, it slid out.
It now rests safely inside my pocket.

To all stangnet members, I thank 'yall'!

Reactions: 1 user
You guys are too much:p I've only ever driven around 6 cars, ever, the 92 being the oldest. Well a few days ago I drove a 72 mustang but that doesn't have this. So what can I say? :D
Besides, the problem was leaving the keys in the ignition.:p

A 1992 is the oldest car you drove? What would you do with a manual choke, AM only radio, manual (non power) steering and non power drum brakes? Also, we do not have to retard the timing and crank the Ford motor by hand. Thank goodness cars are not what they used to be! I think the big button is to make it easier to lock the keys in when you hands are full.

:D at thread... Glad you can have a laugh with the rest of us Jordan. That key release button is so trivial that you dont even think about it. I did disconnect mine so I can take the key out with out the button, it was a stupid idea that Ford had.

Scott

:D at thread... Glad you can have a laugh with the rest of us Jordan. That key release button is so trivial that you dont even think about it. I did disconnect mine so I can take the key out with out the button, it was a stupid idea that Ford had.

Scott

Keeps the kidnapped hookers from grabbing the keys and tossing them out the window if they get their hands free.

:leaving:

Reactions: 1 users
Well what happened after 1994:shrug: ? The kidnapped hookers were better treated after 1994;) ? So they did not throw keys any more:shrug:...

LOL
Scott
They added the one-touch driver's power window, allowing someone to to hit the button and dive out the window in one smooth movement.

Well what happened after 1994:shrug: ? The kidnapped hookers were better treated after 1994;) ? So they did not throw keys any more:shrug:...

LOL
Scott
Well nooo. What happened was that in 94 they discontinued the hatches (note the open backs), and because of the enclosed trunk this throwing of keys no longer could occur!. Of course:D

*whispers* wait till the first time the steering wheel lock engages. :D
Happens in my 95' all the time. When it happens it only happens when i'm in a hurry, or with a pretty girl on the way to the movies. swear. -___-

A 1992 is the oldest car you drove? What would you do with a manual choke, AM only radio, manual (non power) steering and non power drum brakes? Also, we do not have to retard the timing and crank the Ford motor by hand. Thank goodness cars are not what they used to be! I think the big button is to make it easier to lock the keys in when you hands are full.
Well very recently I drove a 72 mustang, automatic, and had an eight track player. Use to have drum brakes, but was upgraded to discs. had power steering too.
Even though it wasn't too different from what i'm used to, I was seriously allll over the road.:p
My biggest issue was that the brake pedal was extremely stiff, the third gear was stripped a bit, and there was slight play in the steering wheel because of the alignment.

Well nooo. What happened was that in 94 they discontinued the hatches (note the open backs), and because of the enclosed trunk this throwing of keys no longer could occur!. Of course:D

Happens in my 95' all the time. When it happens it only happens when i'm in a hurry, or with a pretty girl on the way to the movies. swear. -___-

Well very recently I drove a 72 mustang, automatic, and had an eight track player. Use to have drum brakes, but was upgraded to discs. had power steering too.
Even though it wasn't too different from what i'm used to, I was seriously allll over the road.:p
My biggest issue was that the brake pedal was extremely stiff, the third gear was stripped a bit, and there was slight play in the steering wheel because of the alignment.
That made me think about my first car. 77 Chrysler Lebaron 4 door.I bought it for 400.00 when I was 17 back in 1996. It was that horrible do-do brown color that chrysler was so proud of. It had an 8 track player and get this my buddies dad gave me a stack of old 8 tracks. Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and so on. At that exact moment that car became COOL to me despite the torn up vinyl top, rust and plush seats lol. I went to a private school in highschool and all the rich kids which was about 75% of the student body were driving Bmw's, and Jags and such. I would come rolling up in my 77 crap brown car jamming Zeppelin from a 8 track without a care in the world. Just lovin it. Best of all it had a set of 14 inch chrome wheels. Did I keep em polished? You bet your a** i did lol ;) ahh the good old days!!!