new motor help

New motor Help!!!!

I bought a gt-40x crate motor from ford racing...I have it installed...Every time I start the motor a blueish/white smoke comes out of both tailpipes?? why is this NEW motor doing this??...did i ruin something inside of it or what?? Anyone have any suggestions whu this is doing this?? Help!!! please

• Sponsors (?)

Could be a bunch of things...
As Dastang2 indicated, priming a new engine is so important because the internals of this poor monster are about to go 0-1000 or more rpm with absolutely nothing to prevent surface to surface direct contact. Damage to bearing surfaces can result VERY quickly. Your issuse sounds more to be possible upper intake leak where coolant and or oil is making it's way in the combustion chamber, Another is rings have not seated and result is blowby...what type oil did you use to breakin the engine?...not a good time to use synthetics. Another good thought was brough up earlier, valve seal gone bad. Personally I'd want to do a compression and or leak down test to see if the motor can provide any clues to what's going on in there. Smoke at start is not normal on a healthy motor for the most part, but not an indication that it's going to fail.

If it's white or clear i've heard also that water condesates in the tailpipes/mufflers overnight and will burn off/blow out as steam on startup. If this only happens for a second or two it may be just that.

Ford primes and runs those engines before they're ever delivered. They are compression and leak checked as new. They even have very minimal break-in requirements due to the fact that they are brand new engines built with brand new components in the Ford factory, just like all of their other line engines. It's possible there's a problem with the engine internals, but it's more likely one of the other systems, for example the fuel system. On my Cobra, about ever 3 or 4 months, I have a startup where I blow blueish / white smoke out the pipes for only a few seconds. There is a TSB out on it and it's simply due to the fact that there's too much fuel in the system during startup. Trust me, when the car was a couple of months old and it happened one morning, I almost died. I thought it was a major problem, but turns out it's completely normal. If you can get your sniffer in the smoke and discern if it's fuel smell (rich startup), burned oil smell, or even the antifreeze smell discussed elsewhere in this thread, then you can help narrow down your problem and determine whether or not it's a serious one. Don't get me wrong, even if it's "just" a rich startup, it shouldn't be chronic, and should be addressed. Good luck.