New project; 85 svo, questions.

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
hey, i have been just into my 88 gt for the 2 years this month ive owned it. my parents bought our 85 svo new back in the day, it has been neglected pretty good by my dad. its all original, it still runs great. the paint is in bad shape though. interior is like brand new.

im looking to start messing with it. ive heard before people make some nice numbers with the 2.3T with minimal mods. im just looking to pump it up a little bit and make it my daily driver. im looking for some input on the common modifications done to achieve this.

the limited things ive heard are porting the head, and upping the boost. im looking on where to start with this.

so just looking for someone to point me in the direction to start toying with this. its a 5-speed car, black and completely stock. if anyone is interested i can take some pics of it.

thanks for the help :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Best mods to get right away is a K&N cone filter, 3" downpipe (or better yet, full 3" exhaust), and an adjustable boost valve. This should gain you ~50hp or so and really wake the car up.

I sell 3" downpipes and exhaust systems as well as many other parts for the SVO's and such on my website (see sig).

thanks guys, ill probably be looking to purchase that in not too long.

i havent gotten much time to clean the car up or anything. just crawled under it and looked around. going to be a fun project :D

ill take a few pics and put them up in the talk section if anyone is interested once i get some time this weekend.

thanks again