New Purchase

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
So I have to stop making these posts. Seems in the past 6 months I have made far too many. This is my last larger purchase for some time.

I have a 27' boat as most can see in the sig. Turned out that boat had issues and is being parted out. I started looking at something else, found the style boat I wanted. After looking into a few this one was just too good to pass up. Needs a cleaning and I will toss some cosmetic work into it, but otherwise should be fun for the water. Getting delivered to my marina today, sadly I have to work and wont be there until tonight.

Photos:

View attachment 222783
View attachment 222784
View attachment 222785
View attachment 222786

• Sponsors (?)

Dude... I want a boat so bad lol. That thing looks sweeettt! Do you and your fam boat alot? Something like that seems uber expensive thats why i haven't even looked at them yet. Was thinking about going in half with a friend on one, but i'm not sure.

My family has always had boats... Until recent years we spent every summer weekend on the boats. Now that I have some money (not a lot, lol) I decided to get one. I am actually 50/50 at this point with my father, due to trying to part out the other boat still (couldn't pass this one up for the price and my father loans me money with great interest rates :D). I should break even with parting the old one out whenever that ends up happening.

Partnerships work sometimes, and not others. I couldn't see me partnering with anyone short of my father or brother.

Are you into wakeboarding/waterskiing/barefooting/whatever? Just curious. Cabin cruisers are fun, but they limit what you can do behind them. Definitely good for partying, though. :nice:

Did a little years ago, but never got into it. This boat at best will take a tuber off the back. The plan is to get a PWC to go along with it at some point, and my parents have an 18' bow rider with a ski pilon if the desire ever arises.

Sadly, I am more of a weekend trip, hang out with friends type of boater. This boat has good room for fishing too, if that ever looks fun for the weekend!

Thats a big boat! Def not a lake boat lol What size is she? Whats in it? Need more info!

Here are the specs off the top of my head might be off slightly, but close:
Hull Length: 28' 8"
LOA minus platform: 32' 4"
Beam: 10' 8"
Draft: 33"
Displacement: 9000-9600 lb dry
Power: T/260hp Crusaders with Velvet drives
Cruise Speed: 20-22 knots
Top Speed: 30-32 knots
Fuel: 250 gallons
Water: 45 gallons

Can't wait to drop it in the water and enjoy it. I can however wait for the $700 fuel bill!!!

Nice bro!! That is a big ass boat too. :D My family has always had boats since I was 4 years old. My Dad's current boat is a 2000 28' Sea Ray. He bought it almost new back in 2000. A guy owned it before him but only had it 3 months and was moving, so it had to go.

As far as me.....no boat for me. I just go out with them a few times in the summer. Someday....maybe I'll get one. I don't like it as much as they do, but they are fun.

Ah powerboats. had a couple. enormous holes in the water where $ gets dumped into. Never again unless its brand new.
From the styling I assume its mid 1980s?
Good luck with it.
Best 75 bucks I ever spent was towing my 21 ft cuddy cabin to the Cherry Island landfill in DE and watching a giant earthmover crush it into the ground.

Marina is on the CT river...

I know all about boats and their costs, but you need to be a boat person to live with it. I have always been around and loved them. I guess we will see with this one how it goes.

Boat is a 1987 btw.