1st and goal

Apr 1, 2005
Seacoast NH
Well, I'm new to the board......

From my sig you can see I'm a GM guy, however with the lack of choices from GM combined with the fact that Ford did a hell of a job on the new Mustangs I'm going to be looking to sell my 98 Z/28 and my Cav and buy a Mustang GT :nice:

Corvette's - out of my price range.......

GTO's - drove one yesterday and they are too bland in styling and brutal to get in and out of.....I'm a decent sized guy and I hit my head twice in 10 minutes getting in and out of a GTO at the dealership......when I did manange to get in the rear seat to check the room back there it was extremely hard to get back out of the car...hell, it is easier to get in and out of my 94 Z/28 with a 6 pt cage.....anyway my wife and I are adopting a little girl so I want to get back to two cars (keep the 94 Z/28 and ditch everything else) so when I was at the pontiac dealership I checked access to try and put a baby in the back and there was no F-ing way was going to go through that on a daily basis.....I went to a local Ford dealership and checked rear seat access on a V6 Mustang and it seems fine. I also liked the baby seat hooks that they put in there.

A guy I work with has an 05 GT M5 and I went out for a drive the other day and within 2-3 miles I managed to get into a race with an 04 GT0....at first I did a lil speed run up to a buck as I was getting on the highway and then backed off as I was coming up on a hill where the police sometimes hang out so I got back down to 70 and then I saw a pontiac coming up on me and didn't think much of it as they all look the same and when he got next to me I noticed it was a GTO and he nailed it so I threw it in third and hammered it, brougth it upto 6K and powershifted fourth and was gaining slightly till 120 when I started to pull away, I kept on pulling till I was at 6K in fourth (the last time I glanced at the speedo it was in the 130 range) and then I let off it and slowed down as a turn was coming up and it wasn't my car (the owner never batted an eyelash as he know's I race alot)

So that ride combined with killer styling and good prices and lack of options from GM will have me ordering a Mustang GT shortly.

I need to flip my LS-1 to get some cash.

The only choice now is M5 or A5?
Anyone have an automatick I can take a spin in that lives around the New England Dragway area?

I read GM high tech, what is the Ford equivelant?

Thanks,
Marc

• Sponsors (?)

1st and goal said:
Well, I'm new to the board......

From my sig you can see I'm a GM guy, however with the lack of choices from GM combined with the fact that Ford did a hell of a job on the new Mustangs I'm going to be looking to sell my 98 Z/28 and my Cav and buy a Mustang GT :nice:

Corvette's - out of my price range.......

GTO's - drove one yesterday and they are too bland in styling and brutal to get in and out of.....I'm a decent sized guy and I hit my head twice in 10 minutes getting in and out of a GTO at the dealership......when I did manange to get in the rear seat to check the room back there it was extremely hard to get back out of the car...hell, it is easier to get in and out of my 94 Z/28 with a 6 pt cage.....anyway my wife and I are adopting a little girl so I want to get back to two cars (keep the 94 Z/28 and ditch everything else) so when I was at the pontiac dealership I checked access to try and put a baby in the back and there was no F-ing way was going to go through that on a daily basis.....I went to a local Ford dealership and checked rear seat access on a V6 Mustang and it seems fine. I also liked the baby seat hooks that they put in there.

A guy I work with has an 05 GT M5 and I went out for a drive the other day and within 2-3 miles I managed to get into a race with an 04 GT0....at first I did a lil speed run up to a buck as I was getting on the highway and then backed off as I was coming up on a hill where the police sometimes hang out so I got back down to 70 and then I saw a pontiac coming up on me and didn't think much of it as they all look the same and when he got next to me I noticed it was a GTO and he nailed it so I threw it in third and hammered it, brougth it upto 6K and powershifted fourth and was gaining slightly till 120 when I started to pull away, I kept on pulling till I was at 6K in fourth (the last time I glanced at the speedo it was in the 130 range) and then I let off it and slowed down as a turn was coming up and it wasn't my car (the owner never batted an eyelash as he know's I race alot)

So that ride combined with killer styling and good prices and lack of options from GM will have me ordering a Mustang GT shortly.

I need to flip my LS-1 to get some cash.

The only choice now is M5 or A5?
Anyone have an automatick I can take a spin in that lives around the New England Dragway area?

I read GM high tech, what is the Ford equivelant?

Thanks,
Marc

marc how much do you want for the 98 z28?

1st and goal said:

good man right there :nice:

1st and goal said:
GTO's - drove one yesterday and they are too bland in styling and brutal to get in and out of.....I'm a decent sized guy and I hit my head twice in 10 minutes getting in and out of a GTO at the dealership....

not to mention there not only bland in styling there ugly as hell. Looks like a Grand AM and a Sunfire had a bastard step child. I dont know whats up w/ GM but there syling has really sucked the past few yrs.