Not impressed with new 05+ stangs.....

gargol139

Nov 23, 2005
Mesa, Arizona
I though that the new model stangs were a lot faster than they were, I pulled up next to a guy that had a 5 speed 05, and we talked a little bit, he said he had a programmer and nuthin else, we both took off til about 80, and he barely had me by a half a car, mine is an 01, auto.

I thought I would of gotten pulled a lot harder than that, and I spun fo about 20 ft also.

Scroo the new model stang, next car is definately a 05 or 06 GTO.

• Sponsors (?)

gargol139 said:
I though that the new model stangs were a lot faster than they were, I pulled up next to a guy that had a 5 speed 05, and we talked a little bit, he said he had a programmer and nuthin else, we both took off til about 80, and he barely had me by a half a car, mine is an 01, auto.

I thought I would of gotten pulled a lot harder than that, and I spun fo about 20 ft also.

A friend of mine has some light mods to his '05 and just clicked off a 12.9 a couple weeks ago.

Don't judge them all based on 1 race. Have you driven an '05+????

I loved those new 05+ models. I drove both a 5spd and a auto and they rocked my socks off. The auto pushed me back into the seat like my girlfriend's 02' Z28 does.

I give them threeve thumbs up! I think you raced a bad driver

40th GT said:
:Word:. The new stangs are low to mid 13 second cars.
I would say mid 13's is about right...low 13's are a stretch due to weight. Not saying it cant be done, but on avg,mid to high 13's are the norm from what ive read. Ive driven both the 05 manual and an 06 auto and both were equally quick, but by no means felt like low 13 cars.

they Average around 13.8s....mm&ff ran a 06 GT Standard Numerous times testing new cai's......it ran consistant 13.80s. Then with a tune they were running 13.60s....Ive read where with slicks they have gotton down to 13.30s....Dunno..There quick though

With full boltons they can get around 330Rwhp.....

they are def faster than a 2v. driver for driver by more than 1/2 car. the interior, ride and overall car is 10 times better than our old ****. with that being said, the ONLY one i would want is the new shelby gt500

The new s197 is about to get a face lift here soon due to poor consumer responce.
They weigh a couple hundred more than the pre-04.
And personally i dont like the tail end, the interior, and the GT500 looks like a v6 with light body work.
And they put a Lund looking hood scoop on the 07s.

gargol139 said:

If you're stock he should have dusted you. One took off on me on the highway and i downshifted to 4th (not even 3rd) and he didn't gain any ground on me, we stayed even. But look at my mods....

03GTconv said:
they Average around 13.8s....mm&ff ran a 06 GT Standard Numerous times testing new cai's......it ran consistant 13.80s. Then with a tune they were running 13.60s....Ive read where with slicks they have gotton down to 13.30s....Dunno..There quick though

With full boltons they can get around 330Rwhp.....

Uhhh I'm pretty sure the new stangs run a 13.5 STOCK

SteedaGTJ22 said:
Uhhh I'm pretty sure the new stangs run a 13.5 STOCK

Not saying they cant.....hell ive seen a stock LS1 with Slicks run 12.90s.....But from what mm&ff (the Professionals :) ) they were running consistant 13.80s stock (check out this months issue of MM&FF)......Im sure there able to run 13.50s...Like I said there pretty quick..

I occasionally (rarely) drive the husband's 06, and I can't comment on how quick it is, because I won't beat on his car, but I don't like it. I think it looks great (I know I'm in the minority here), but I just don't like the interior or the way it handles much. Feels more like a family car than a muscle car... jmo

what alot of people don't know is that Ford programmed the 05+ Mustang GT's to close the throttle bodies part way past 5300rpm or so to save the tranny from people powershifting. if you run the engine to redline, you will run significantly slower than if you were to shift at 5300rpm. a tune can remove that feature and make a big difference.

DBMSTNG said:
what alot of people don't know is that Ford programmed the 05+ Mustang GT's to close the throttle bodies part way past 5300rpm or so to save the tranny from people powershifting. if you run the engine to redline, you will run significantly slower than if you were to shift at 5300rpm. a tune can remove that feature and make a big difference.

Yep they should thank the Diablo Predator for removing that Power hindering Device