Oil Change WARNING!!!

i bought a bottle of whey protein from walmart one time and the seal was open about 1 inch, and the bottle was full of what looked like bis-quick

yea... sounds like somthin the brazilians would do (not that theres anything wrong with that) :lol:

• Sponsors (?)

COramprat said:
Well my dad is 65 years old so his days of changing his own oil are over...especially since he makes more money in retirement than he did working. :nice:

I think had the mechanic known my dad had just bought the oil and didn't remove the foil he would have suspected something. He just assume my dad had taken it off himself and didn't notice anything until he started adding it.

My Dad's 76 and I know what you're talking about. No disrespect to your dad. :nice:

Sometimes I feel like having someone change my oil but one of the last times I did, 7 years ago, and only cause I was living in an apartment that wouldn't allow me to do it, the Texaco Quik Lube left my hood partially opened so it almost flew up on the freeway (thank you Ford safety latches). Then when I immediately pulled over to shut it, I found some tools in my engine bay. What would a tech need a screwdriver for on an oil change? Once after that I did take it somewhere in a different state and the mechanic jacked up my PCV trying to sell me a new one. I was pissed and bit the manager's ass off. They replaced it for free. Also Texaco Quik Lube.

:Damnit:

GDawg said:
My Dad's 76 and I know what you're talking about. No disrespect to your dad. :nice:

Sometimes I feel like having someone change my oil but one of the last times I did, 7 years ago, and only cause I was living in an apartment that wouldn't allow me to do it, the Texaco Quik Lube left my hood partially opened so it almost flew up on the freeway (thank you Ford safety latches). Then when I immediately pulled over to shut it, I found some tools in my engine bay. What would a tech need a screwdriver for on an oil change? Once after that I did take it somewhere in a different state and the mechanic jacked up my PCV trying to sell me a new one. I was pissed and bit the manager's ass off. They replaced it for free. Also Texaco Quik Lube.

:Damnit:

How do you know the mechanic damaged your PCV.. you would have to be some sorry ass mechanic to sweat the one tenth of a hour you make upselling a pcv.. it's not even worth the effort to break it..

99 percent of the time when i recomend filters and such I have not even looked at them.. I tell the customer your car is at XXX mileage and your due for new filters if you have not had them done.