Oil in air intake tube

drewzx3

Feb 7, 2004
Louisiana
A little bit of oil is getting in my air intake tube and also is running down to the maf. It did this before I changed motors to. Could the tube thats right by the oil cap that runs to the intake tube be causing this? Any other suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

yes, it is the tube that connects the air intake tube to oil filler neck causing this. i had this happen to me, i replaced the p.c.v. valve,grommet and copper screen under p.c.v.(filter may be clogged allowing pressure to reroute to this tube) it seems to help i also turned the hose repositioning it where it would have to flo up tube(which is more difficult). the way it was prior to repositioning the bottom of tube where the curve is was below where it was pluged into oil filler neck, it needs to be above if this makes sence.

drewzx3 said:
the pcv valve has been replaced. How hard is it to replace the screen? Where you get one at?
pull the pcv out. take the plastic thing the pcv was sitting in out. the screen is under that.

the hard part is getting your hand to the pcv valve which is in the lower intake behind the motor.

95cobraguy said:
its very odd that oil is getting in there with the valve covers being baffled and all.

i believe it about the same as oil entering the intake thru pvc after a few thousand miles you may have a capful enter intake air tube you notice it because it runs down to lowest point in air tube pools there and leaks out bottom of airbox collecting dirt usually thats when you notice it. i think it has alot to do with the factory air tube ribs. with a cai it would be pulled into the motor.

That oil filler to air inlet hose flows both ways. Its primary function is to allow air back into the crankcase (since the PCV valve is a check-valve). But that little hose also flows in the opposite direction (from the oil filler toward the air inlet) in situations like WOT.

I am wondering if a bi-directional filter of some sort (in series on that oil filler to air inlet line) could be implemented.