On3 Performance .. Not Impressed.

Yep, like I said, I rolled the dice, and crapped out. Thanks for the kind words, guys. hopefully turbonetics can makes what's still there do the trick.. At least the turbonetics has a one year "no fault, no questions" warranty..

While you're waiting on parts man.... Go through and start replacing clamps and hardware. If the ducting is sketchy anywhere, find a work-around or replacement.

You may as well shore it up a bit while waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

While you're waiting on parts man.... Go through and start replacing clamps and hardware. If the ducting is sketchy anywhere, find a work-around or replacement.

You may as well shore it up a bit while waiting.
Pull the intercooler off and make sure there is no metal in there . When they let go it usually does a good job of catching it all .

Thanks guys. I'm making my rounds to other forums posting this. If I can save one person the heartache I feel like it's time well spent. It'll be back up eventually, but it is very sickening.
You have changed my mind. Just acquired a 3rd vehicle so my mustang is not my backup anymore. Now that i can get down to business, and have heard your horror story, im gonna go with the kenne belle twin screw or the vortech v3...
Got plenty of time to decide. What hci combo did you use?

I used parts I scraped together here and there for the HCI. Got a good deal on some RPM II heads, and then happened across a matching intake later with a group of other stuff I bought, the cam, also in that group was a TFS track max.

Also, I have Harland Sharpe stud mount roller rockers, comp cams pushrods, cartech rails and regulator, and lucas 75lb injectors.. stealth 340 pump..

You have changed my mind. Just acquired a 3rd vehicle so my mustang is not my backup anymore. Now that i can get down to business, and have heard your horror story, im gonna go with the kenne belle twin screw or the vortech v3...
Got plenty of time to decide. What hci combo did you use?

Go with the Vortech for a couple of reasons

1. KenneBell stopped making the blower for fox body's over a year ago so you can't buy one new
2. Install on the Vortech is much easier- no fabrication or moving of AC lines
3. Driveability and durability- google and you will see guys have problems with the Kenne Bell units.
4. Unless you get the larger KenneBell, the power gains are not what you will expect
5. Serviceability- have a problem with the Vortech- just take the head unit off and run the car without it. Can't do that with the KenneBell.
6. Price- you can find used Vortech's all day long for under $1500 and new for around $2500 vs.. almost $3500 for the KenneBell
7. Support- Vortech has been making these for 20+ years and continues to be the leader for Fox Body power adders. KenneBell no longer makes a fox body blower so what happens three years down the road when yours needs servicing?

Just my 2 cents

Reactions: 2 users
What's the thoughts on Pro Chargers, I'm waiting for mine to be delivered ( late Christmas for me)? I know pricing is a little higher but I would have thought an intercooled PSC or DSC would have made the list of viable options.

I had one of the first models on my 93, I wanna say back in 96 and it made great power and never had an issue. Back then the technology was ground breaking.

What's the thoughts on Pro Chargers, I'm waiting for mine to be delivered ( late Christmas for me)? I know pricing is a little higher but I would have thought an intercooled PSC or DSC would have made the list of viable options.

I had one of the first models on my 93, I wanna say back in 96 and it made great power and never had an issue. Back then the technology was ground breaking.
@Sharad will tell ya they deff work

I refuse to bookface.

On another note I feel I must update, to be fair... although I'm still unimpressed. I actually got a call back from Danny at on3. To my surprise, they said they would repair the wastegate and send it back free, but for some reason, they refused to cover the turbo... They told me the turbo has at least 25000 miles on it, no way it was only 50 miles... lol. Not going into the conversation following that statement. .

They offered to sell me a new center section at "half price": 369 bucks. A whole new turbo is 700. I thanked them for the wastegate and politely declined the center section.

:notnice:

Lol. I was unaware you could look at a turbo and determine how many miles are on it. Even if it DID have that many miles, still shouldn't have failed.

They can go jump in a pile of d**ks

Reactions: 1 users
Some people don't think before they speak. The odds of you putting 25,000 miles on a turbo fox in one year are pretty low.
In fact i'd say for most people putting 25,000 miles on a turbo fox in 5 years is even unrealistic.

I refuse to bookface.

What's wrong with the selfie capital of the internet? lol. I got rid of f-book years ago. Tired of "who farted" and "long line at Starbucks" posts, selfies and pictures of peoples food. :notnice:

Anyways, got that new turbo yet? Have you told On3 that you're blasting them on the internet? Email them a link of the threads you started about them and your experience and maybe they'll change that 25k miles to 50 miles rather quickly. :shrug: