One last question

Skoobie

Damn...Tyler65's hot!
May 25, 2003
Vancouver, WA
Ok Ive got the upper intake back on but Im getting a vacuum leak at the PCV valve. Before I put it back together I pulled the plug that holds the PCV screen in place so I could clean the screen. When I put it all back together I didnt use any sort of adhesive so now its sucking air in around the plug. What kind of sealer should I use to put the plug back in?

• Sponsors (?)

The Shape said:
I have never used any type of sealer. May just be time for a new grommet. They get old and the rubber hardens over time then doesn't like to seal well.
:nice:

also, even when new, if one uses an aftermarket PCV valve, it might not fit perfectly. this is one time when i pay a bit more for dealer parts. do it once and forget it for a couple years.

good luck.

I have pulled the grommet and with the grommet in my hand inserted the pcv valve. After the assembly is complete (you know what i mean) wrap some electrical tape around the outside diameter of the grommet a coulple times very tightly and then work the grommet/pcv valve into the hole...fit should be very snug. I second the whole using dealer parts in this case, they just seem to fit better.